Tuesday, August 10, 2010

The Women's Restroom Prank




Hello friends and family,

I am so thrilled to launch, share and journey with you through the new and revised daily devotional BLOG.

Thank you, Kari Chasen for coming alongside me and using your gifts in  marketing and computer savvy skills!

I have personally taken a sabbatical/rest from ministry......I AM BACK!  After moving our family to a new hometown, relocating and adjusting in a new church home (Northridge Church, Plymouth, MI), letting go and saying goodbye to many special women that have impacted my life, lastly with much pain and hurt I had to lay down the dreams within a women's ministry called "W.O.W." where I passionately served as ministry director, teacher, speaker, counselor and friend. I needed to take some time away to realign myself with the footsteps of God and the plans and calling He has for my life.

There is a lot of EXCITING things happening around and in my life. I am ready to step out in faith not fear and say "yes" to God one fresh step at time. God is blowing new life into a past dream. I just had to be obedient to lay down some dreams because no dream is more important than Him. After all, His visions are further reaching!

I can go on about all God is doing and adjusting in my life for His purposes, however this blog is not about me! It is about you and me communicating the biblical promises for the day. In each post you will find the bible reading for the day and week at the very top of each post.  I will utilize a bible promise from that days reading that stood out to me. I will then apply that particular biblical promise or promises to the REALITY of my daily life to teach, comfort and encourage others in a fun, practical and real way.  I encourage you to read the daily bible reading posted after the blog entry. You can even post a comment on how you experienced God through a biblical promise that stood out to you . Maybe you just want to comment on the blog post and how it has helped you draw the necessary courage to trust God that day. Remember everyone has a good answer and will help another reader!

A typical post will look like this:

I needed to stop off to use the bathroom during a recent road trip to North Carolina. My girlfriend followed behind me as we rushed from our car into the McDonald's girls room! As I stood in front of the door the word "OMEN"  jumped out at me. It sounded like a beast of a word and I was not entering! I turned to my girlfriend and said "This is for Omens" and went searching for the woman's bathroom, still confused about what an Omen was in North Carolina! I was convinced it was the janitors room or a secret storage of some sort.  My best girlfriend followed my wanderings and confusion until the BIG LIGHT BULB moment hit us....the "W" in the WOMEN sign somehow disappeared.  "OMEN" was all we seen, not even a triangle figure of a women was engraved in the door to help us realize it was the ladies bathroom!  Friends, this only happens to two very tired girls that have been in a car far too long...brain dead!

The last few days the word OMEN has not left my mind. I was a truth seeker for many years during a point in my life. Tasting sweet and dangerous honey's in life. Always waiting for the real sign or OMEN in life and was desperate to find it anywhere. At one of my lowest points in life, I had no where else to turn and I asked God to help me. In my darkest hours I found true light to bring me where I needed to go... Directly to the heart of God!

The Webster's dictionary states that an OMEN is a sign of something about to happen. An unstoppable force of irresistible change; good or bad.

After today's reading I was reminded of Gods goodness and mercy in becoming the WOMAN He has intended for me to be. As I continued to reflect on the word OMEN I have been reminded that a "woman" who sets her heart toward God will experience His unstoppable force of goodness, riches, wisdom and knowledge. His ways are unsearchable and past finding out! The unstoppable force of an unexplainable God grabbed hold of a broken, wild, weak, disqualified woman like me and grafted me into His plans and purposes.

Romans 10: 23 states" God is able to graft them in again"

Romans 10:36 reminds us that "For of Him and through Him and to Him are all things, to whom be the glory, forever"

Remember in today's biblical promise that GOD IS ABLE!

Thank God for the person you are becoming today or ask God to help you turn away from unbelief and the accusers voice and turn towards Him.

God is true to His promise,
August 9, 2010 Reading