Thursday, August 12, 2010

A New Texting Code: TWF

August 12, 2010 Reading

I have become pretty good at texting these days! The idea of exchanging brief written messages back and forth is not easy for a girl like me. I have too much hot air to expel from my lungs and half the time I feel like I'm going to explode when texting. My kids do not think I am very good at exchanging "short" messages back and forth either but guess what?

NBFAB! (Not Bad for a Beginner).

For the longest time when I received ROFL on my phone I thought someone was getting sick and ralphing but they were really (Rolling On The Floor Laughing) Ok, I know its time to LOL (Laugh out Loud). My mother is even a better texter than me. Right mom?

Text messaging has become part of my daily life and I will admit, it is a great way to communicate a quick comment. So I have decided to create a new text code today because I have a quick comment that I would like to emphasize to my children in the middle of their busy lifestyles!   
The text code is TWF. Now follow with me and you will discover the code.
In today's bible reading, I came across a passage in my bible that I  had highlighted in yellow. If something is highlighted in my bible that means I better emphasise this in my life.

Psalm 86:11 states "TEACH me your ways, O Lord; I will WALK in your Truth; Unite my heart to FEAR your name."
This one promise has taught me 3 very important value points. I hope they bring as much value to your family as they do to mine.
  1. TEACH = God will offer us direction and instruction each day free of charge. He will show you wondrous things. But how often do we really ask God daily to teach us His ways?
  2. WALK=  He desires us to walk in truth. This refers to our lifestyle and commitment to the Lord. In Romans 12:9 it shares "CLING to what is good."  The book of Romans in the bible was written by Paul to the Christians in Rome. He wanted to instruct them how to live as Christians "CHRIST LIKE".  What really grabs my attention in this context is that God used Paul to teach others how to behave. Paul had taken a 180 degree turn from where he had been. He was a Christian basher to Christian champion. When Jesus captured Paul's heart, He got all of him! The same can be true for you. No matter who you have been or what you have done, your christian life can be complete, filled with passion, purpose and power. Do you desire to walk in truth? When you begin to desire you will then cling to what is good. My first prayer was "Lord, just give me desire to walk in truth and an appetite to crave a Christ like life."
  3. FEAR=  Proverbs 19:23 shares "The fear of the Lord leads to life" Fearing the Lord is about reverence and obedience.  He does not want us to have a spirit of fear, but a sound mind.  We easily become fearful when our marriages are falling apart, homes breaking down, children rebelling, temptation that is hard to overcome, loneliness, loss of loved ones and many others.  However, remember my friend, He has wondrous things for your life!

So you are probably wondering what that text code means right?  TWF  is my personal text code to emphasize an important reminder to my three precious children.....Ask God to Teach and direct them, Walk in truth and watch their lifestyle and lastly Fear the Lord with obedience and respect. 

I pray for you to claim today's promise Psalm 86:11, ask God to teach you His ways, help you to walk in His truth and lastly open your heart to fear His name.

My new personal contact information will be coming soon. If you need to reach me on a personal level feel free to email me at:
hbaxterhiswow@aol.com
TWF friends,