Friday, August 27, 2010

Why me?



August 27th Reading

Hello again Ladies!  It is once again, the great Kari!  Ha, just kidding, it is just plain ole Kari!  I hope this Friday finds you in great condition.  This last week has been something else for me, one can only hope it wasn't that way for everyone.

Do you ever wonder, why me? That was me this week, as hard as I tried to do right and be right, the devil kept sticking me in the side with a board or tree trunk, not a simple stick.  I can be pretty sure that nothing has come easily in my life, my Grandma says it gives me character, Heather says it has given me humor, I say blah!  Seriously though, my life has taught me many things about my being stubborn and defiant.  It really gets you no where in life.

Why can we not just realize that God is there ALL THE TIME?  I seem to be pretty dense in knowing that if my mouth (trap) shuts, God will pick up the pieces and put it back together.  Psalm 121:2 says "My help comes from the LORD, the Maker of heaven and earth."  However, it is hard to get past the fact the most of my life has been dealing with people who dwell in chaos, confusion and anger.  My family is not the only one in the world that is dysfunctional, but this much is true, we have our own fair share of dysfunction.
Me, well I am a product of step family incest.  My mother was raped by her step father and I was the product of that incident.  Being raised in that situation was difficult to say the least.  My Grandmother had married this man and had 4 children with him and therefore my aunts are also my half sisters.  Psalms 120:6 "Too long have I lived among those who hate peace.Much of my family bounced back and forth from hating my mother to hating my biological father, doesn't make much difference to a child caught in the middle of it all. I had no trust.

I have had to look for God's love, mercy and forgiveness many times in my life and I have learned to TRUST Him.  Life gets tough and we make rash decisions and they can be the wrong ones.  The hardest thing to remember at ALL times is  that God is with us ALL the time, all we have to do is ask Him to help us get through. Never forget that God is always at our side and that He will protect us night and day, regardless of the situation.  He will work it out for the good. He has a plan for us to help others that lack faith and trust in the same situation I have touched. The Lord loves us and will never forsake us.

Psalms 121:5-8 "The LORD watches over you the LORD is your shade at your right hand; the sun will not harm you by day, nor the moon by night. The LORD will keep you from all harm he will watch over your life; the LORD will watch over your coming and going both now and forevermore."

God puts us into various situations and strengthens our character if we allow Him, it also tests your faith.  We have all heard the verse, Galatians 6:7 "Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap" and knowing that would it not be far wiser for us to sew good things?

 For a long time only anger and resentment were in my life, and because of that, it was all that my life consisted of.  I have learned the hard way, that in order to receive good things (blessings) you must plant good things.  That does not mean that life will always be great if we always do great things.  Life is a daily struggle, living for God is a daily struggle, actually a minute by minute struggle.  However, if we choose to do this, we will be blessed for it.  We must live by the law of Christ, and we must do His works, wherever He wants us too.  I realize that for right now, my biggest work is in my own family.  That does not mean I can not help out elsewhere, but my main focus must be making sure my family is adequately equipped to handle life.  Once that task is achieved, I won't be asking why me?  I will be saying the Lord has blessed me.

Try to think of something that you could turn over to God to let him handle.  Something that you need help on, but you really do not know how to handle.  It could be a troubled child, a troubled marriage, friendship needing repair, financial help, a loved one that is sick, a huge loss that keeps you feeling sick at heart.  When you turn it over to God to handle, you must have faith, real faith that He is going to handle it.
I have had to turn something over to Him this week, it has worn me down greatly this week.  Just like Heather stated yesterday, God will help you adjust your life.  He is right next to you waiting for you to ask.

Why me, yes me,
Kari