Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Mystery of the Broken Statues


I was chuckling to myself this morning as I was recalling some of the late nights of packing my special things before our recent Big move. Oh yes, one box at a time!  I specifically remember one evening taking one of the figurines off a shelf to pack away and noticed she had been attacked by a glue gun! Her broken parts had been grafted all back together in a mysteriously odd fashion.

Her right arm was glued to the left side and her head was glued on an angle and she was missing her left hand! All grafted so nicely so mom would NEVER NOTICE!  Trust me I began searching down the glue gun grafter! At least they used the glue gun and not duck tape!

This favorite figurine of mine all broken and glued together reminded me of Romans 11:19-24.

Verse 19 states "the Branches were broken off that I might be grafted in."  The branches in this bible text represent you and I in our broken unbelief state, we are broken off from the plan of God which was engineered for our life since birth.

I find much comfort this morning knowing that no matter how bad I have screwed up, God has taken my broken branches of shame, unbelief, ineffectiveness, doubt, rebellion, ignorance and hurt and reminded me through His promises today that when I turn my heart toward the Lord with humility, He will graft me back into the tree, which represents the plan of God!

God desires for us to be happy. God has a grafted plan full of destiny, meaning and purpose!

In yesterdays post we learned an important truth that "God is Able" to graft them in again. I also know that God is perfect in all He does. So I am most certain that He does not go crazy with His glue gone and smack the broken branches back together. Realize today, that ALL things work together for "your" good. That means that all the broken branches are engineered together perfectly for the greater plan. When the Lord does His transforming work in your life you will not sit on a shelf easily noticed that your brokenness was sloppily glued back together. No, my friends you will sit on a shelf as a perfectly grafted figurine sparkling in the beauty of grace, wisdom, knowledge and goodness for all to see. Not one speck of glue will be noticed because God is perfect and He will make us perfect in His love.

John 17:23 "I in them, and you in Me; that they may be made perfect"

Friends, believe with me today that God is faithful to do what He promises for you. Do not let the glue guns of this world try to graft you back together because you will appear broken on that shelf.

Turn your precious heart towards God and let Him begin to graft you back into His wonderful masterpiece, your brokenness will be beautiful.

Now, I have a crazy question...am I the only mom that has come across the figurine on the shelf that looked attacked by a glue gun?

Today's Biblical Promise and Reading

Beautifully broken,