Saturday, August 21, 2010

What's the REAL problem?

August 21, 2010

Before I share an awesome word with you about today's reading I would like to draw attention to a great website that I use on this blog. Clair and Brooke Darling a mother and daughter team bless me because they do an excellent job at managing the Word Daily website. This site honors God and inspires many people.
At the beginning of every daily post on this blog you will see today's date. If you click on that date it will automatically send you to Gods word for that day (the bible at your finger tips). My writing has inspired through the reading and devotion time I had that morning in the Word. I would love to challenge you to read along side me. I would love for you to stop by and visit  their site. Thank you Brooke and Clair for managing/stewarding this site. I know you will be rewarded by your owner!

Today's passage that jumped out to me was 1 Corinthians 4: 1-2 "Let a man so consider us, as servants of Christ and stewards of the mysteries of God. Moreover it is required in stewards that one be found faithful." 

A steward is like a manager. A manager always represents his owner. A manager is responsible to the owner and lastly the manager is rewarded by his owner.

As women we manage SO MUCH! We manage households, children, husbands, relationships of all kinds, our health, jobs outside the home, self employed businesses, and much more!

I struggled huge in managing all this in my life and then FAILED. I was not rewarded, I was broken and discouraged because I could not manage it all! I tried to manage so much INDEPENDENTLY. Ignoring Gods principle for living because I did not have time or made fun of others that followed God so sweetly. I wanted to do my own thing regardless. Yes, I am stubborn by nature! The bible calls this attitude SIN. Wow, sins not a word that comes up in our girlfriend lunches or shopping sprees! At least it was not the topic of my conversations!

Sin breaks our relationship with the God who created us. When our relationship is off or not acknowledged it will cause problems in EVERY area of our lives. Marriage, Careers, Relationships, Emotional and physical health and finances.  When we fall into problems we often try many different ways of coping before we turn to God.


Proverbs 16:25 "There is a way that seems right to a man (woman), but in the end it leads to death"

Friends, I cannot stress the importance of not being an INDEPENDENT manager of your life. I realized this when I decided to be dependent on God. He began to be my owner and I learned through His word, friends, the church and other divine connections how to manage the things He gave me in life.

I desired to want to represent Him. I realized I was responsible to Him and lastly the rewards and blessings of discovering and experiencing Him are overwhelming. The rewards have been multiplied into my family!

Are you an INDEPENDENT manager or do you manage through your DEPENDENCE on God?

Allow God to manage your life today!

I want to thank Brad Powell the Pastor of Northridge church  in Plymouth, Mi. for pointing out the importance of independent verses dependent living! A good pastor will help you manage what God wants you to learn!

If you have any prayers or questions in regards to anything I shared, I want you to know I care for you and I am here to help. Please email me personally at hbaxterhiswow@aol.com.

Dependent on Him,