Thursday, August 19, 2010

TRUE WISDOM

August 19, 2010 Reading

After returning from an evening run together, my husband and I discovered a very odd horrible smell in the kitchen. I then noticed a gooey like substance all over the trash can lid! (sidebar) If you have kids I'm sure you find all sorts of interesting textures on the lids of your trash cans right?

Anyway... my attention was then drawn to the microwave. It was as if God just took my head and turned it right to the problem. Oh my poor microwave, it was the biggest goo mess I have ever seen folks!
My blood pressure was rising as I searched for my kiddos! My oldest son was hanging on the couch oblivious to the smell. I asked him if he knew what happened.

Mom, I was curious about what a banana would do in a microwave...... Trust me the mystery is solved .  The banana heats up and oozes making a horrible mess and the stench created, will knock you over.

The joy of having children, right?


Mystery, according to the Webster dictionary is anything that remains unexplained or unknown. My sons curiosity lead him to the actions taken so he could explain the unknown!

I was reminded of the mystery of the banana today after reading 1 Corinthians 2:7 "But we speak of the wisdom of God in a mystery, the hidden wisdom which God ordained before the ages for our own glory"
v.10 "God has revealed to them to us through the Spirit. For the Spirit searches all things, yes, the deep things of God."

The Holy spirit offers Divine wisdom to every person. God has an amazing way of helping us understand the unexplainable or unknown. He may not answer all our questions completely or the way we want but He will unfold the mystery for us in fitting ways.

The key to understanding Gods wisdom lies with the Spirit not a religion. The spirit is the link between God and humanity and this makes knowing God possible. Without the spirit things will be foolish, dull or tasteless. A good comparison would be having no taste buds on your tongue. Taste buds bring flavor into the mouth. The spirit of God is needed in your life to bring about divine flavor and revelation. Most people in the world today regard Gods wisdom as foolish. Gods wisdom is incapable of understanding without the spirit. Gods wisdom is a mystery to the unbeliever. They cannot grasp the unknown without the help of divine revelation. Through His spirit God will reveal himself to men.

Just as my son became curious about what a banana would do in the microwave, I became curious about God and some unexplained hurting questions I had in my life. I desired some things to be made understandable for me. I needed Gods wisdom when my marriage was falling apart, I needed help, and still do, raising my children, Gods forgiveness was hard to understand, I felt so undeserving. Dealing with change, managing loss, making decisions about schooling and the list goes on. I was curious about the mysteries of God. I had enough religion. I desired God!

Gods wisdom is a mystery but it is revealed through Christ and made understandable through the Holy Spirit. Gods wisdom will help you. If you put your faith in Jesus Christ, and make Him Lord and Savior of your life you will receive the mind of Christ in your heart. As you read the word of God the spirit will reveal things about your present situation. Its kinda like an elevator, you will feel God bring something from what feels like the bottom up to the top of your mind. He brings a divine perspective from your humanly distorted perspective. The most interesting things began to occur in my life. He carries the answers to your entire life! The bible began to come alive for me!

Ask God to begin to reveal the mysteries to you today.

My very first prayer in the midst of my biggest pain went something like this.....
Dear Jesus, you are my choice. I want to believe in you but do not know how it all works. I need you in my life. Please take over and forgive me for all I have done. Please lead me in the right direction. I believe in you.
Amen

I promise He will take over in the most mysterious and unique ways! He is the ONLY one that carries the answers.
It is a grand mystery but very exciting adventure,