Saturday, August 14, 2010

Sticks and Stones

August 14, 2010 Reading

No one will ever hear me being boastful and saying that I am a perfect example of Christ-likeness.  My learning process is forever ongoing and one can only hope that the right path is the one chosen.  However, we all know that the right path is not chosen all of the time.

God is quite convincing when it comes to putting the exact people needed in my life at the precise moment they will be needed.  When someone is going through a hard time and they are trying to climb out of their valley or "cell" they do not  need to be judged or made to feel bad.  In fact that is when others that have already felt God's love and mercy should surround them and help them to see what God has in store for them.  It is a beautiful thing to see someone grow and flourish in the Lord.

Romans 14:13 says "Let us not therefore judge one another any more: but judge this rather, that no man put a stumbling block or an occasion to fall in his brother's way.." 

Life is hard enough without fellow Christians that have already been down a bumpy path throwing road blocks in the way.  It is very easy to judge others and think that your answers or insight is the "correct" ones. Criticism is nothing new to me, it is quite helpful, prayer and bible reading always tells me whether I need to change or continue forward.

Romans 14:4 states, "Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand." 

Romas 14:22 states, "Hast thou faith? have it to thyself before God. Happy is he that condemneth not himself in that thing which he alloweth." 

Trying to serve God is hard, the bible is a perfect set of instructions for us to use.  Some people do not use it nearly enough, personally I didn't and then my life was turned upside down for awhile.  Once I turned back to God, going in the right direction was much easier.

My hopes for you today is that you can use the Word today and apply it to yourself and see if you stand for what you believe in and truly try to abide by it.  Of course we all fall short, but giving up is not the answer, keep plugging along. The precious word says "My Grace is sufficient for you, for my strength is made perfect in weakness." 2 Corinthians 12:9.

Remember that God has a huge purpose in mind for all. Let us be reminded through today's word that we should not focus on ourselves but rather others, seeking not to present a stumbling block to their faith. A stumbling block refers to any attitude or action that causes another believer to sin or to become confused about God's character and purpose. Let us be encourager's today!


Trying to be what I believe,
Kari