Thursday, August 26, 2010

Two Girls and a Truck

August 26th Reading

This past July was quite the adventure.  I was given an opportunity to attend a women's conference "She Speaks" in North Carolina. I had this great idea stirring in me that a road trip with my girlfriend would be more exciting then sitting in a plane for a couple short hours!  I guess that's my adventurous spirit. However, I do not do well sitting for long periods of time. 13 hours of travel seemed impossible but I was willing because I wanted  to explore the little off the wall towns,  view the mountains,  stop in odd restaurants and eat a Baltimore crab cake on the Inner Harbor which Jeana wanted no part of. We stopped off to visit my sweet Aunt Ruthi, checked out the rest areas and met people along the way. We even ate at the CHEESECAKE factory in Baltimore but we took our cheesecake to go for a snack on the road.
 My girlfriend Jeana and I both like to talk...so we exchanged a lot of words in that 13 hours! We even played a game called "chat pack" it contains a 156 questions guaranteed to get creative juices flowing and fun conversation going. Here's a few snap shots of our road trip!


This road trip including all the stops that made this trip adventurous would not have been possible without the GPS! The Global Positioning System and Map Quest.  It provided at all times a reliable location, time and weather, traffic jams and specific navigation the entire way. Now unfortunately my phone navigation was not the best  we found that out when it had us heading toward a field of grass! So you must have an up to date dependable navigation system because they all do not work and may not be reliable. So we had back up plans that kept us re- routing when needed. We had a navigation system that helped us make the decision needed and directed every turn.

Today's daily reading was in Psalm 119. This is the longest chapter in the whole bible. The promise contained in the entire passage is about Gods word and how it will revive and bring your life back on track! Its a GPS system. Gods Positioning System.

Sometimes we end up down the wrong roads in life. I know I can admit to this. I remember spinning my tires down the same road making a huge sinful rut and I got stuck in my own tracks! Getting stuck caused me to cling to the dust in the road. The dust was the state of depression from all my wrong turns.

However I have such a strong, stubborn will that I felt adequate enough to deal with the problems I created. I made some costly decisions in life especially during my college years. Many that affected me in deep ways. I was perishing in my own affliction. I deeply wanted to get back on track but had no direction. I am now going to jump through about 15 years of life but I can relate my change to ONE thing....

Gods Positioning System. I had to make a decision to delight in His word, precepts, law and commands. I realized the God did not create His word to put me on a leash like a dog but it was to set me free and bring life and health into my life again.

The word of God is wise, full of judgement, knowledge and understanding. It provides sound, reliable directions. God is the only one that knows your specific curves in life. He through the word can notify you of traffic jams, wrong turns, the weather ahead and your best and shortest route.

God will accomplish more in 6 months through a person relying on His GPS then we could do in 60 years!

The key is you can no longer depend on a religion, culture or tradition, your past experiences or the experience of others to be accurate of Gods will and path for your life.

 1 Corinthians 8:1 "And if anyone thinks he knows anything, he knows nothing as he ought to know."

Be careful where you get your directions from in life. Psalm 119 tells you the only knowledge and intellect comes from Gods word! The word of God is the secret of successful living. You will be amazed at the benefits He promises to those who take time to read.

 The Curves in life are the struggling with loss of husband or child, the emotional trauma of a broken marriage, the rut of sin and temptation, the confusion of  why your child is suffering and sick, the anger at autism and other developmental disabilities, cancer, low self esteem and the disappointments of others that continue to let you down in life. All these curves will leave you broke down on the side of the road. I have witnessed all of these if not experienced them personally in my life and family.

God does not intend to have you broke down on the side of the road. He is saying RE ROUTING. He desires to lead you in your next turn and will be reliable the whole journey. Your destination will not be at all what you thought. I am amazed at the direction God has me heading. Let go and let God my sweet friends!

I challenge you to start today and read psalm 119. You can do it! Every time you see the word "I" insert your name and make it personal.I promise that God will come along and help you adjust your life. God is always working around you.

Remember your road trip was designed already by God to be adventurous  "a life of a different kind" You will not experience that life without Gods Positioning System!

Please leave a comment at the bottom of this post and let me know if you will take this challenge, I want to pray specifically for you.
You may also email me personally at hbaxterhiswow@aol.com
Trusting my GPS,