Saturday, August 28, 2010

Drawing on God's Strength

August 28th Reading

Yesterday morning Benjamin,  my 13 year old son, and I headed over to his school for registration. We prayed in the car before we went in that God will put him in the path of new friends. We just moved this past year and Ben will be starting 8th grade in a new school. This can be tough on a teenager. Ben had so many friends in his last school and was very comfortable. However, he has learned at a young age that sometimes we have to adjust our life to move where God is at work. This is Ben's third move since the 1st grade! My husband and I promised he would graduate from this school. We have a deep peace that we will not be pulling up our tent stakes and moving again!

I love the sense of new adventure I am so glad that part of me rubbed off on Ben. He does well with adjusting and fitting right in! Plus he knows mom is praying for favor and friendships. We prayed that morning in our car that God would direct Ben into every friendship and we agreed God was on his side.

We entered the school office to sign some papers, and suddenly a lady appears on my right needing to speak to the main secretary. I went along filling out some paper work and could not help to over hear the conversation. My heart felt like it stopped beating and a lump swelled in my throat when I heard that she needed to change some paperwork because Cody's mom just passed away in July.

Ben was standing right with me and a silence fell in the room for a second. I know God did not put me next to that Aunt on mistake. I began to talk to her and ask how everything was going. Her world and Cody's life has changed drastically in the last month. I felt so hurt for them both and I know my son was pondering in his heart the piercing words that fell in that office.

Psalm 124:8 "Our help comes from the Lord, who made heaven and earth."


Psalm 125:1 "Those who trust in the Lord are like Mount Zion, which cannot be moved."

I prayed for Cody's family this morning. I want them to experience the strength and assurance that God has for his people in difficult times. I pray if they do not already trust in the Lord, that God will seek to bring them to His side so that He may reveal himself as a STRONG and MIGHTY mountain.

Life will bring unexpected challenges. God created us from the beginning to draw our trust from Him. NOTHING ELSE WILL WORK.  Absolutely Nothing in the world can fill that void. Our strength will only come from the Lord.

Where are you finding strength today? Allow God to draw you to His side so that He may begin to reveal Himself to you.

Is God putting someone in your pathway today? Let them know Gods help is like a mighty mountain and He will provide them with the strength and assurance they need.

Trusting in Him,