Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Chocolate milk and brown cows

August 18, 2010 Reading

Expecting chocolate milk from a brown cow is foolishness, just as expecting swiss cheese from a spotted cow is udder nonsense. Well I am here to admit in my younger years this is what I had figured out. I convinced myself that this is how it all worked! You can tell I was raised on a farm right? My husband is from up north in the beautiful country and I smile at myself every time I pass a cow pasture. A few years back as we drove the country side roads I shared this awesome wisdom I had about the cows with my husband, who is a very serious wise man, he just turned and looked at me in complete shock at how foolish that sounded!

I was reminded of our brief interaction today as I was reading 1 Corinthians 1:27, "But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty."

Nevertheless, God has called this foolish girl that believed the best chocolate milk came from the darker brown cows. A call is not based on our own wisdom or status, but on the grace of God.  He chooses the weak and foolish so we find glory in HIM and not our own accomplisments, titles and status. I responded to the call on my life about 15 years ago. The call began as a personal invitation by God that drew me into a relationship with His son Jesus. The will of God then called this foolish cow confused girl to much more. My own human origin is not the sharpest in the intellect and smarts category. So I find it funny that God called me into full time ministry through speaking, writing and counseling!  Would you feel safe counseling with a lady that thought chocolate milk came from brown cows? I also am very weak when it comes to grammer, spelling, punctuation and enunciation! Ask my family..... I have recently purchased some grammar books and have asked my family to call me out on all my double negatives!

Today the bible reminded me that the power comes from Him and not from us. God will use us most powerfully when we feel the least adequate.

My confidence is taking a sure beating right now. In the past several months God has called me out of my church home and hometown. He called me out of a ministry which I was passionately leading and directing. I could not understand what was happening. It was awfully hard to loose an identity and security that made me feel important to God. This is when you begin to discover who you really are.

God has recently opened new doors. These doors will lead me to a deeper wisdom,(1 Corn. 12:8). The doors I have discovered have me only standing in the entrance. Insecurities and lack of confidence have me standing in the door way buckling at the knees.

God is faithful. Even when the enemy tries to batter us and make us loose confidence in our calling. God often proves himself when we feel we have less to offer. More often than not, the will of God will involve a daring decision that seems unsafe or insane. But if you have the guts, not the smarts to move, God will meet you on the other side of the door.

I find myself telling God, "I am not able to speak perfect, my grammar stinks and I cannot write or spell well." But God reminded me again today in the word that "In Christ Jesus, you become wisdom from God." 1 Corinthians 1:30.

Everyone is called and chosen by God for a purpose. Have you began your adventure God desires for you?

Have you answered the first call to enter into a personal relationship with Jesus? Do not let whats wrong with you keep your from entering into whats right with God.

Have you been feeling like God is positioning you in front of a new opened door? Expand your horizons and allow God to do "a new thing" You will never know whats on the other side of the door until you walk through it! That is the greater calling my friend!

Go after a dream that is destined to fail without DIVINE intervention. God knows a girl like me needs Divine intervention.

By His Grace,