Thursday, October 28, 2010

WHY BLOG?

October 28th Reading

Blogging seems to be a trend these days. I visit many different blog sites weekly and they all seem to create a community based around a core theme or message. Back in the bible times they met in all kinds of places to hear a message, ask questions or discuss topics. Blogging is a great tool to partner with media and friends from all over to listen, reflect and consider truths together while offering a forum to post comments and bounce ideas back and forth.

I love having my coffee in the early mornings while spending time with God and discovering the truths God wants me to ponder and consider. I then take the message and put it to paper, then paper to computer! My Blog is really like my journal.

In today's reading, a verse jumped out to me that reminded me of  WHY I BLOG.

                                            2 Timothy 2:7
 "CONSIDER WHAT I SAY, AND MAY THE LORD
   GIVE YOU UNDERSTANDING IN ALL THINGS."

Paul was speaking to his friend Timothy in this portion of scripture. He expressed the importance of considering and reflecting on what he says. Paul was always encouraging and exhorting Timothy in his daily walk. Paul would give him points to ponder, questions to consider and promises to embrace. Timothy had challenging tasks ahead of him and Paul pointed him to a core message of truth.

WOW, I think we all face daily challenges just like Paul and Timothy? I most certainly need a point to ponder, a question to consider and a promise to embrace as I stay committed and steadfast to the journey God has for me!

I remember my life when I did not see from God's view.
                  How I was defining my life was determining my DESTINY!

Decisions, attitudes and perspectives can greatly influence how you reflect and consider your daily life.

Character is both developed and revealed.

My greatest desire and passion is for us all to reflect and consider together then allow God to give you the understanding from HIS POINT OF VIEW. Remember my destiny changed when I removed my view and replaced it with HIS view.

How does the blog work?
In each blog we are given a portion of truth to read daily. (Click on the date at the top of post and it will take you directly to the best book ever written)

I pick a portion of truth out of the reading that spoke to me and then I formulate that into a principle of truth that we can reflect and consider throughout the day.

If you want to step it up a notch then memorize the scripture. I encourage you to write it down and and stick it in your purse or in a place you will come across it throughout the day.

At the end of each DAILY DEVO a question will be presented. This question helps us all think about what we have just read and how it applies to you personally. Remember, Paul asked his friend Timothy to REFLECT AND CONSIDER.

I strongly urge you to get others involved in reading the DAILY DEVO'S. A journey is better when shared!  I received an email from a lady a few  months back that was taking the DEVO'S to her jail ministry to share, discuss and bounce ideas off each other. That blessed me so much and I pray today that God is opening up their understanding! He has a destiny and a new perspective for their lives!

Our spiritual growth is molded through Godly friendship and fellowship.

In 2011, only a few months away, I will begin to follow God in a speaking ministry. I know God will open more doors to grow the community of HIS blog. I am also planning to start an on line study mid 2011 called "RUN LIKE YOU MEAN IT" this will be an 8 week course with content for us to CONSIDER and REFLECT  daily followed by the ability to interact in a community chat. The course will also have a 15 minute power video from me that will target a main verse.

I am diligently seeking God daily for his plans in 2011. I have been spending many days training with God on the middle school track across the street! The neighbors must think I am nuts because I often just sit on the bleachers staring up into the sky.

I pray and believe that 2011 will bring a NEW sense of hope, energy and joy that comes from discovery oor personal doors to destiny.

*Your life is worth taking the time to REFLECT AND CONSIDER. God has a purpose for you friend.

* How do you see your life?     From HIS view or your view?

*Will you begin to open your heart and personalize the daily truth?

REMEMBER in order to discover the door to your destiny you must not rush through the truths but CONSIDER AND REFLECT.

VERSE TO REMEMBER: 2 Timothy 2:7 "Consider what I say, and may the Lord give you understanding in all things"

This is why I blog,