Thursday, October 14, 2010

You Make A Differance


Well, its 6:20am and my crock pot is packed full with comfort food. Not sure how this will turn out but I did hear it makes the house smell nice on a fall day! I got the receipe from a great lady I met at "She Speaks" through the proverbs 31 ministry. As a matter of fact, she is the Executive coordinator of almost everything that goes on behind the scenes of Proverbs 31 ministries. She also has her own blog and mission and it is called "SHE COOKS"!

Please take a minute a visit her, this is a new dream that she has unfolded! I love her sense of humor and sweetness. I chose to try her pork and apples receipe. Now listen to what my crock pot is packed with and tell me if this sounds good? 2 Pork roasts, 10 peeled granny smith apples, 2 frozen concentrate apple juices, 2bags of sauerkraut, 1 whole clove of garlic diced up, brown sugar on top and then 1 bottle of corona beer poured over the top! . I know the beer sounds odd but it does some trick in the flavoring! You serve it with patato and cheese perogies!

Yes this is a POLISH meal! I am 50% polish so any time I can enjoy my heritage, I cook it up!
I will let you know what the family thinks! So what do ya think? Sound good?

This morning I also did my reading, which again you will find listed at the top of everydays post.
In today's 1 Thessalonians 2:11 Jumped out at me! It says.... "As you know how we exorted, comforted,and charged everyone of you, as a father does to his own children, that you would walk worthy of God who calls you into His own kingdom and glory."

I have to admit, I love having friends in my life that exhort, comfort and charge me! I know that because of my caring and charging friends I found the dreams God had for me all along! In each of my friends there is something that only some other friend can fully bring out. The insights of of other women have helped me recognize how all the pieces in my life come together! I also love how my girlfriends share their best receipes and decorating advice!

In part of this verse it mentions the example of how a father exhorts, comforts and charges his children. I want us to realize that not all of us had the same upbringing. I am grateful for my father, he embraced every one of my dreams and encouraged me. However, that is not true for most woman. The father relationship left them broken, hurt and wounded. This has allowed a wall to be put up in their heart, not allowing them to open up or step out into new relationships. But I want to encourage my girlfriends that have been hurt. God may have a deposit of healing that is going to come from another friend and you are missing it when you allow past relationships to control your future.Allow God to walk you through this process, He is waiting for you to willinging want to take down those walls. 

I have to make an effort to get out with girlfriends. I usually perfer to just stay home with my family and see my girlfriends on occasion. I am reminded that is is important to invest in each other. God makes small deposits through personal encounters. I should just plan on going bankrupt if I stay to myself. Friends exhort, comfort and charge!

Do you have friends that share the same values?

Do you have friends that energize you in lifes weakest moments?

Are you investing in someones life by exhorting, comforting and charging?

I know we have full lives but it is important to make time for friends and family. I am asking God to help me also in this area. On thursday nights I take my son to guitar lessons for an hour and my daughter and I decided to make this our Panera Bread pumpkin Latte night Out! So I have a date with a girlfriend tonight! Make a point to meet with a friend or take your son or daughter out!  In these moments of time God charges, exhorts and energizes!

Blessings