Friday, October 8, 2010

Wow, praying would make life easier!

October 8th Reading



Good morning everyone and I hope that today finds you blessed.  The reading for today, wow!  My life as I once knew it was a virtual image of these verses.  Can you imagine someone that, maybe you know someone, that thinks that because they prayed about something and they are trying to figure out what they think God wants them to do that they end up doing the worst possible thing to alleviate the situation?  Well, if you know me then you know someone that did this.  I have pretty much tried to figure out God's will in every situation of my life, jumped to my OWN conclusions and then failed miserably.  Yes, I fully realize that I wrote about this very same topic last week, but evidently God is trying to tell me again to be still and know that He is God!  Maybe these verses are not for me, maybe He just realizes how hard headed I am and is using my dumb choices to teach someone else to, shhhhhh, be still and know that God is God.

If any of you are my friends on Facebook, then you know that I have been up and down over the last year or two, or three or let us be honest here, 29 years!  It has been a long hard battle for me, being controlled is not my thing!  I have a very hard time with that.  I think, well I know so and so that could help me do xxxxxxx and then there is also so and so that could do xxxxxx.  I figure well if God put that person in my life path, then I should utilize them, right?  WRONG!  Just because a person or group or whatever is in your life does not mean that that is the path for you.  It could be, but it could not be too.

People think networking is great, and it is, but sometimes we get caught up in it and that is what our life is revolved around.  Having the best car, biggest house, jewelry and other "stuff" can hinder us so much that we totally snuff out the light in front of us.  


Isaiah 30:1-3 "Woe to the obstinate children," declares the LORD, "to those who carry out plans that are not mine, forming an alliance, but not by my Spirit, heaping sin upon sin; who go down to Egypt without consulting me; who look for help to Pharaoh's protection, to Egypt's shade for refuge. But Pharaoh's protection will be to your shame, Egypt's shade will bring you disgrace. 

It is easy to get caught up in our own desires and wants, but if those things are not part of God's will for our lives, I guarantee you that they will be taken away and your life will be in shambles before it is everything is all said and done.  Don't get me wrong, I know that God puts certain people in your life to be able to help you along.  Everyone should pray about how God wants that person to work within your life.  I thought Heather was a little crazy when I first met her, honestly!  She was not someone that I would have ever imagined being friends with, but I do not know what I would do without her now.  She is a huge rock for me, she gets me through, sometimes I do not want to hear what she is telling me because it means that I was wrong, and that is not cool!  Ha ha.  I know that God put her in my life to be able to guide me along, sure we do not see eye to eye on everything, but she has never told me anything wrong and if I listen then my life is easier.  She backs everything up to me with scripture and I know that it is not really her saying these things, so much as it is God telling me these things through her.  Sometimes I need a real life voice to settle me down and for me to hear the logic, and that voice comes in from her.  I am a rough abrasive person, some would say I have a great sense of humor, but not everyone gets me, she does.  I am thankful for that.  I had to pray about my life many times, I am a work in progress, but I am trying to get there.

Still trying,
Kari