Thursday, October 21, 2010

THE WEB OF INSANITY

October 21st Reading                       

Hello Bloggy friends! If you did not get a chance to read yesterdays post on YOUR PERSONAL SPIDER WEB, I encourage you to take a quick look. Today I feel very lead to follow up on that post. I received many personal emails yesterday from dear friends that are STUCK in that web. I have to say my heart hurts so bad because I understand what it feels like to be helpless and hopeless. All along you know what is right but you're not able to be set free from the detailed web of Bondage!

I woke several times last night thinking of several of you. The weather took a crazy turn late in the night and it became very windy, cold and rainy. As I laid in my bed looking out the window I visualized my friends out in the damp, windy cold looking in at me. I imagined myself rolling open my window and bringing them into my warm cozy room then placing a blanket around them. No more wind, soaking wet rain and damp chills.

Being STUCK in the web of sin is miserable. Especially when you know what you need to do and yet you cannot seem to crawl out. Sin is so sticky that once you get sucked in it's hard to get out. When stuck after sometime we realize that we messed up and made few wrong turns. The thought of untangling ourselves in overwhelming. Then enemy has completely worn you out and you feel blown all around, damp and cold inside and soaking wet in misery.


In todays reading ISAIAH 62-64

We see a picture like I described above. God is looking out the window at his beautiful daughters that are being tossed in the whirl wind of life, shivering, chilled and drenched ,feeling stuck in the web of sin and no way out. God will carry us in these helpless times but we choose to respond with rebellion. God then needs to just watch us through a closed window and let us suffer the consequences of our sin, which separates us from the presence of the Lord. He is waiting to open that window and help you out of the web of sin.

JOHN 8:32 You shall Know the truth and the Truth shall SET YOU FREE

Do you want to be set FREE?

FREE to do what God wants to do?

FREE to overcome the traps the enemy sets before you?

In today's reading Isaiah Chapter 63 and 64 goes along with our illustration of a beautiful women being trapped in the windy cold looking up at the window in which God sits. When She looks up into the closed window she is asking, "God is your mercy and strength restrained from me?" This precious women wants to be rescued she is ready to take hold of the hand of God.

Friends I have one important step I want to share with you today. Picture God looking down from the windows of heaven asking you this question.

"ARE YOU READY TO FULLY FOLLOW ME AND TURN OVER YOUR LIFE TO ME SO I MAY DIRECT YOUR LIVES?"

The decision to follow is not a destination its the beginning of a journey of being SET FREE.

I came to this decision when I realized how sin was affecting my life. I was tired of and the pain was becoming greater. My strength was sapped and bones wasting away as I stood shivering in the cold damp windy rains.

We can go to church, pray, show up to counseling, go to small groups and support groups BUT none of that will matter if you have not come to a DECISION to willingly desire GODS priorities as our priorities. When our goal is to LOVE God and have a relationship with Him, He will give us Peace and happiness as a by product. God's Desires must become our desires.

Taking a personal MORAL inventory of ourselves is important. When you come to the point of feeling stuck and trapped in the WEB of sin you will notice all the details and traps that wove that web together. This is the time we need to examine and PROBE our ways and return to GOD.

Sure life on the run and having fun is exciting....OR IS IT SATANS NUMBER ONE TRAP?

God is not harsh and demanding, He is loving, merciful and full of compassion. He loves us with an everlasting love. He wants to restore us to SANITY, a life that is FREE.

My husband said to me not long ago that "INSANITY, is doing the same thing over and over again and getting the same results." We need to break that cycle, the choice is yours and the strength will come from God. When he begins to open the window after you call out with the RIGHT HEART you will all of a sudden feel the warmth coming from the opened window.

Jesus greatest concern is for those hurting and stuck in the web of SIN.

Do you believe Jesus can restore you to sanity?

Make a decision today sisters to face your powerlessness and admit that your self-sufficiency is an illusion. Stop allowing satan to handle you like a puppet on a string being jerked from here and there.

Have you decided to turn your life over to God?

Think about how your-self will has damaged your life?

Take a moral inventory  but do not feel guilty or shameful, just be willing to allow God to open the window and save you from sin and yourself!

Love and prayers for your decisions today friends!