Friday, October 15, 2010

It feels so good to be loved by you...

October 15th Reading

Do you have someone in your life that is absolutely the hardest person you have known to love?  It is inevitable, we all have some hard headed person that we must love.  It might be a family member, it might be a friend, it might be a neighbor, but we all have one of those people.  I have been reminded twice this week of the hard job, almost impossible job of loving your spouse.  My marriage has been a roller coaster (and that is being nice about it) for quite a few years, we have  finally hit a good spot and it feels great!  We have joked with many people said we had a love/hate relationship, we loved hating each other and we hated loving each other.  It is kind of funny so chuckle if you want to, I won't be mad.  I will just blame him!  LOL  Just kidding!

I was encourage yesterday talking with someone that had the exact same problems of getting along with her husband that I do.  I am not alone in this battle, and yet again God has put the right people in my life for me to be honest and real with.  Marriage may be the biggest adventure God ever puts you in, that would really stink if you just gave up on your marriage without trying your hardest and putting forth your best effort.  My sister in law blessed me greatly this week as well.  Her and my brother in law have been struggling just finding time for them, they have 4 kids so need I say more?  I told her to love on him and never give up trying and she was just tired.  However, on Tuesday they popped over our house and the four of us carved pumpkins and just had a great time.  I was so very blessed to see that she didn't give up and that you could truly tell that even though bills and the kids and whatever else was going on, they had found time to love on each other and just be happy for a day.  I had prayed about them that morning and God became very real to me in seeing their interactions that evening. 

God is so real, He loves us so very much, we are all very hard headed but yet He still loves us!  Can you even begin to imagine how hard it is to love all of us everyday???  Oh my goodness!  I would probably slap myself around a few times a day, I know that I am a difficult person to deal with, there is no sense in lying to anyone of you!  Even in BSF this week, one of our questions was how does your heart and your words/actions compare?  Of course the teacher just had to call on me, and my answer that was written down was, "I am jerk sometimes."  Yes everyone laughed, but it is the truth!  I am jerk, you are a jerk, we are all jerks from time to time.  Some more than others, like myself. 

We all need to try and learn to be as loving as possible.  This is a harsh cruel world and we all need to lean to each other and use the people that God has placed in our lives.  I don't bash my husband to Heather or anyone else, I do vent on occasion but I am very careful as to who I talk to about our relationship.  My children get on my nerves, anyone that is honest would tell you the same.  I still love them, but some days it is hard to deal with them and him, and life.  I have to pray and find strength.  God is so loving that even if you don't call out to Him directly, he will still help you.


Isaiah 45:5 says, "I am the LORD, and there is no other; apart from me there is no God.  I will strengthen you, though you have not acknowledged me."  You will learn though that it is by God, and nothing else that we all make it through each day.  You will want to sing Gods praises when you see just how much love He bestows upon you.  I know full well I could not get through some things on a day to day basis if I didn't sit back and say, "God, this person is working my last nerve, you better get em!"  While I may be the person that needs to get got, He still guides me through the situation.  Our God is so awesome that He has everything all figured out, how to love, how to live, how to do everything.  But yet we are still out here trying to do things our own way.  We need to let go and let the love God and our love for God guide us in life.

So in ending, 1 Thessalonians 3:13 says, "May the Lord make your love increase and overflow for each other and for everyone else, just as ours does for you."

Try to love on someone today!

Much love,
Kari