Thursday, October 7, 2010

PRESS ON


Yesterday my son had a cross country track meet. He is an amazing runner it must be those long legs that  he did not get them from me! I have just developed a passion for running the past three years and my husband was my motivator. My daughter Brittni is also running in a program called "Girls on the Run." So running has become the family sport. We will all be taking part in the Turkey Trot 6 mile race on Thanksgiving morning. This should be interesting as we run against each other toward the finish line!

Running helps me with LIFE, it helps me in the area of discipline and training. I have a dream to complete a full marathon and hope to be prepared for next years Chicago Marathon! Oh by the way good luck to all the runners this weekend at the 2010 Chicago marathon!
Press toward the Mark you can do it!

Ben had a 2 mile race yesterday, I was trying to position myself in different spots on the course so when he passed me I could yell "PRESS ON BEN" as he was coming toward the finish line I could see he was pressing toward the mark with all his strength.

Last night my husband and I decided to go run that 2  mile course that Ben had to run. I must say running two miles at a very fast pace is difficult. I love to run and can run 10 miles at a nice slow pace. However, pressing really hard and picking up the pace a notch can really push you. I was now understanding what my son felt when I was saying "PRESS ON BEN" he was fighting it out till he hit the mark.

When I woke up this morning and read the daily reading I smiled. God is so perfect when he speaks to us.

Philippians 3:14 says "One thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead. I PRESS TOWARD the mark for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus"


We are all pressing towards something, God has wired us to be pursuers and press toward a mark or goal. The goal is your public victory. In order to have a public victory you must train and fight for it! We will have private battles but we must learn to fight the good fight.

I am fighting for my children, marriage, ministry  and my personal goals. Being a runner I have learned that its all about the training and discipline. God is always stretching me and some days I am pressing with all I have to fight for the mark and public victory in several areas of my life. When we have a victory is all about sharing the trophy with others. Some of my personal victories became a reality because I made a choice to listen to the right coach! Coach Jesus!
I know this is strange for some people but we have to understand that one day WE ALL will stand face to face with Jesus.
I really want to know my coach personally when I meet Him, I know he will talk to me about some of my races here on earth. I will also have an opportunity to lay my crowns (trophies) down at the feet of Jesus, my personal trainer. I cannot imagine what it would be like to enter heaven empty handed. The bible tells us we will lay down our crowns (trophies) at the feet of Jesus.

The Lord has predetermined WINS for our life on earth.

 I needed to decide to RUN and REACH forward and stop looking behind. I heard the coaches yesterday encouraging the runners not to look behind them. This slows a runner down.

Forget those things behind you and reach forward to the things ahead. We have all failed but failure should not be what dictates your life. God has prizes for you to win and victories to experience.

Get up sister and get back on course, you can do ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST!

Will you have crowns to lay at the feet of Jesus?
Remember we will all one day meet the coach face to face, what will that day be like for you? I have some personal evaluation to do myself, so as I run my course this week I wanted to encourage my fellow teammates!

Keep running,