Wednesday, October 20, 2010

PERSONAL SPIDER WEB

October 20th Reading                       

After this mornings reading, I was able to use the verses to reflect back upon my journey. As I glanced at the large mirror above my fireplace decorated in a large spider web I was reminded of my personal web and the journey of getting out. It helped me to see all the promises God has already provided and brought comfort to my anxieties. I tend to get anxious when I think about the big dream and desires God placed in my heart. The past few months I have felt caught in the middle of the dreams. God has brought much CHANGE into my life over the past several years. Do you ever feel as you are going through change like you are going down a wicked water slide in the dark and your head is up at the top where you started? Well, that's how I feel most days.  It is thrilling and exciting journey, however its hard to make out the details. I wonder daily what God is up to. The good thing is I can look back over the many years and see the PATTERN of God in my life. This really helps me refocus and know God is in control and I should just enjoy the ride!

Today's reading which is located at the top of every post,  if you "CLICK" the date it will take you directly to the word of God for that days reading. If you get a moment go  http://wowdailybible.com/ This site was created by Brooke Darling and her daughter Claire. I worked with them in ministry in the church I just relocated from. I was honored when they asked me to continue as the Blog writer for The Word Daily. Accountability is very important when you are in the middle of a dream.

Today's reading in Isaiah 59-60 gives a picture of a life being lived out separated from God.
God has a goal for our lives and when we miss the target it leaves us falling behind every time. I never considered the dreams God had for me. I was walking in such darkness, tangled in my own personal web of mistakes and misery. I actually enjoyed working on my web of chaos and spinning from here to there. I had so much disillusionment in life and this put flame to my fear, anger, anxieties and REBELLION. I never thought I would amount to anything. I remember my grandma Rose saying to me "Heather, you better be careful and slow down." My family knew I was making crooked decisions, especially in my college years. My world really fell apart when my parents divorced after 27 years.
(Now Dad, if you are reading this do not feel bad because we know God has done so much and I am grateful for what God is up to now in both you and moms life)

I think its funny that my blog says drawing women closer to the heart of God, because my dad is my number one Follower! Thanks dad!

Anyway....I did depart further from the truth after that crisis and multiplied my sins before me.  I also was keeping many sins a secret! OUCH, that makes things so much worse.

MY WEB BECAME MY GARMENT AND KEPT ME COVERED FROM EVERY GOOD THING GOD HAD FOR ME

Have you or do you feel like you are wearing your own personal web?

Do you ever feel covered in misery and trying to get out of the mess you spun yourself into?

This is the good part...


......I want you to know God is working all around you this very second friends!  

If and when you begin to ACKNOWLEDGE the tangled up mess and identify that you are STUCK, just LOOK UP and God will come!

If you try to set a butterfly free when it emerges from the cocoon, which it often gets stuck when making its way out you can damage the wings of that butterfly forever. God so badly just wants us to LOOK UP. He will then guide you and strengthen you in the setting free process. I love that God teaches us to come out of the mess. If God would have reached down and just grabbed me out I would have missed most of my story which is now all part of HIS dreams for me!

Allow the light to come upon you. The Lord wants to fall upon you as it is written perfectly in Isaiah chapter 60. The glory of the Lord will rise you up sister!

You will no longer fight the "THINGS" in your life. God will speak purpose and you will hear my friend.  This purpose will IGNITE passion and a fire will be started creating a focus for you to achieve new dreams and goals. This passion helps you crawl out of your own personal web!

God wants others to gather others from afar and see the JOY.

ISAIAH 60:5
Then you shall become radiant and your heart shall "SWELL WITH JOY"

WOW!  A swelled heart because of joy and not pain!

My desire and prayer today is for the Lord to personally direct each readers heart into the light of God and into the patience of Christ!

Do not grow weary in doing good....  When I do get weary I like to pretend I have a Polaroid picture from God and I pull it out and look at it.  When I am STUCK IN THE MIDDLE  of my dream it reminds me that God has begun a good work and will complete it!

You bless me friends!