Thursday, September 30, 2010

OVER AND ABOVE

September 30th Reading

I am still chuckling over yesterdays morning note that I found next to my daughters lunch box.
As I came down the stairs and into the kitchen so I could continue to organize each child as they headed out the door I noticed on the counter a note that stated "Mom, could you please write me a note for my lunch box today?" Next to the note was a clean sheet of paper and a pen ready for me to get started. Now don't get me wrong I do write the kids notes, but apparently Alivia really wanted a note that day. This made my day in a silly kind of way.

Well today is a new day and I cannot forget to put that note in Alivia's lunch box. I know exactly what I want to remind her of today!

I came across my life verse in this mornings Daily Devotion. I was so excited because I have claimed this verse over my life about 10 journals ago and love to also speak it over the lives of others!

Ephesians 3:20 "Now to Him who is able to do EXCEEDINGLY, ABUNDANTLY, ABOVE ALL that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us."

My deepest desire is for my children to understand how BIG their God really is. Today's verse is a great reminder. Lets break it down in 3 easy parts.

1.HE IS ABLE. The strength of our confidence is the fact that He is vastly able above and beyond all that we might ask

What are you thinking today my friend? What do you need to ask? Please remember that HE IS ABLE.

2.TO DO EXCEEDINGLY ABUNDANTLY. Super-abundantly, overwhelming, over and above, more than enough.

Remember that God is completely creative, wise and powerful. He can only give you His BEST no matter how bad your situation looks. Will you allow God to do something over and above in your life?

3. THAT WE ASK OR THINK. Our highest aspirations are not beyond God's power to grant.

Will you allow Gods limitless resources to strengthen your present situation?

Maybe you need to write this verse down on a Post It and keep it close by. Alivia told me that she is going to collect all my notes from her lunch box and hang them in her locker so she can read them daily.  I know this verse will be a powerful reminder to her as she opens her locker!

Her God is able to do exceedingly, abundantly and above all more than she ask or thinks!


                      "Your influence is negative or positive, never neutral" Henrietta Mears

Blessings,