Friday, September 3, 2010

Is There Thunder & Lightning at Your House?

September 3rd Reading




Life is full of storms, some are more light and some are torrential downpours!  There have been many times in my life that the future was so bleak, I was ready to really just give up.  I do not mention it for sympathy or anything like that, only to state that there have been some very low valleys for me.  The Lord blessed me with some really great people in my life to see that I have value and there is a part for me in God's plan.  Sometimes though, it is hard to see that from your own point of view.


We are not always able to handle what life rains on us.  Inevitably, they're people in our lives that show up like wicked thunder and bolts of lightning. They seem like they are out to hurt us and ruin our lives. On some days our flesh may want to smack them into next week or really tell them off!  However is that really going to help anything?
 
Psalm 141:3-4 " Set a guard over my mouth, O LORD; keep watch over the door of my lips.  Let not my heart be drawn to what is evil, to take part in wicked deeds with men who are evildoers; let me not eat of their delicacies"
 Neither of the mentioned ideas will work.  It might give you some instant gratification, but one of two things will happen afterward.  One, you could win yourself a spot in the county jail and I can tell you from experience  that it is NOT FUN!  Two, you could end up feeling really bad and actually have caused more problems for you both.  Neither option is going to get you any peace.


There is one option that we all have and that is to turn it over to God.

Psalm 142:6 "Listen to my cry, for I am in desperate need;  rescue me from those who pursue me, for they are too strong for me."


He will always be there to take care of us in our deepest needs. God will take care of those that wrong us and that are trying to disrupt Gods plan for our lives. Every choice a person makes, there is either a blessing or a curse attached to it.  If we wrong people, we will pay for it in the end. Unless we have asked Gods forgiveness. But how many even understand this truth today?  

 Remember today that God will NEVER give us more than we can handle. God cares for you and will rescue you from those who pursue  strong after you.  If someone in your life is making you crazy with anger, strife, stress, embarrassment or other negative feelings get on your knees and pray to God for Him to handle it for you. 
Let it go and then let God deal with it. Together we will learn to let God handle our lives and live for Him!  He is always only one prayer away!

Thunder and lightning free, (for now anyways)