Monday, September 27, 2010

HOW COME I DON'T HAVE A DREAM? IS THIS WEIRD?

September 27th Reading

Today I want to share a question that I received from a special blog follower. The Lord has kept me on the topic of personal dreams and destinies for the past few weeks. I want to address her question and use today's daily reading to answer it.

When somebody asks me the question that I am about to share, I personally explode inside and every fabric in me wants to help them understand this reality.

QUESTION: HOW COME I DON'T HAVE A DREAM? IS THIS WEIRD?

Let me first answer the last part of the question. No you are not weird for thinking that, but you are WIRED my friend with many dreams and visions.

Lets now answer the first part of the question.

Most individuals think a dream is a "High Calling" of some sort, they tend to think of  high profile people like Olympian athletes, Doctors, Lawyers, Authors, speakers and Big Owners that started well known companies or businesses. When we partner these high details into our mindset we will have misconceptions about our "own" dreams. If we have the wrong picture of a dream then we will never discover "our" dreams!

Today's daily reading partners with today's amazing lesson, I know this passage of scripture can bring many lessons about. But I would like to focus on the area of "sowing a dream"

Galatians 6:7 "For whatever a man SOWS, that he will also reap"

A dream is the (seed) of possibility planted in the soul of a human being, which calls him to pursue a unique path to the realization of his purpose.

I am a visual learner so follow me with this picture in your mind. If a seed is the dream then the dream needs to be planted or (SOWED) into soil. Lets pretend the soil is the imagination that brings the dream to life~ its all about the soil girls!

God wants us to learn to dream because He is a BIG God and wants to do BIG things in our personal lives!

I want each of you to take a personal look at your life and imagine some things with me. I will guide you into some areas of thought and then let your imagination take off.

Do you have an area in your life that leaves you frustrated, brokenhearted or even angry? Can you take that situation and imagine in your mind a picture of "what should be." If we are dissatisfied with the way things are then allow your mind to grab hold of a clear picture or idea of what could or should be!

Examples: A broken marriage- Imagine a clear picture of what should or could be.
                  An older child that is struggling in life-Imagine a clear picture of what should be.
                  An addiction or stronghold-imagine a clear picture without the addiction.

I only listed a few heart broken situations but the point is we may have a passive concern that may need a sense of urgency!

here are a few other areas:
Examples: Career-Imagine a clear picture of what you may want. Do you want to become a nurse?
                  Finances- Imagine a clear picture of what should or could be
                  Spouse-Imagine a clear picture of what should or could be
                  Children-Imagine....
                  Ministry-Imagine....
                  Special Talents-Imagine....Do you want to pursue a Photography business?


Now I am going to share a few ways I have been personally preparing the soil of imagination in specific areas in my life. I have multiple dreams I am sowing and some are clearer then others. So let me share in hope that this will be a help in shaping the dreams in your heart.

Finances I would like to see myself  LEARN how to save and handle money better. This is a very weak part of my life. My husband is not happy with my spending habits and I know he has a good picture of what could and should be. I will not allow my weakness to get in the way of our marriage. I have begun several planning steps and I will learn Gods providential will in the area of finances. I have a dream of what should and could be. Now I have to go after that dream!  A dream brings about change for the better.

I dream for my children and Gods will for their lives.
                                                     Benjamin, Brittni and Alivia.
I study their talents and gifts and I ask God to help me understand his plans for them. I know my son Benjamin can play the guitar, sing and write music. I have already dreamed a clear picture of him traveling with mom someday as I speak. I also believe He will be part of the worship team in church someday, writing His own songs. I also remind him daily that GOD has a huge plan for His life.
 I encourage all the moms today to get a journal and begin to ask God for a clear picture and wisdom on your child's dreams. I promise He will lead you. It may not be easy because the enemy does not want those dreams for your child, he will steal, kill and destroy them any chance he gets. So be ready to fight the enemy in your child's life! If you do not dream and believe with your child then you have left him prey to the enemy!
The key is to ask God to show you His will and help you dream and direct the children accordingly!

Lastly I am dreaming big about my personal calling in ministry. God is calling me to new places and He has placed a clearer picture in my mind of what should and could be. I am now in the planning and pursuing stages of that dream.

Do you have an area of ministry,  a career that you want or a talent that you may need to start pursuing so God then can allow a clearing picture to rise to the surface? Once you begin to imagine then you will start to investigate. The dream will then take root and energy mixed with passion will take over. No matter how difficult the situation may look your passion and clear picture will keep you motivated till the end!

The soul is always thinking and it never thinks without a picture.

Begin imagining today in some areas of your life. We all have expectations and it may not be our reality at this time. However, do not let the gap between your expectation and reality bring disappointment. Keep imagining and sowing because you will reap in the end.

I am grateful for a healed marriage, ministry dreams coming to pass, children's talents being discovered along with strategies to move them forward. All because I began to imagine and then Sow. If you never imagine bigger then your situation you will never reap. God uses everything we SOW to teach us about faith and believing!

Now let me ask you, Do you have a dream?

Please let me know by leaving a comment also let me know if this helped you to identify your dreams!

I love when my followers ask questions. I will always turn to God and get back with an answer! So Fire away if you have any more questions! We grow from each other.

Take a few seeds today and  SOW them. God is waiting to position you,  give a more detailed purpose, along with a designed plan and then show you promises as He teaches you to pray. The discovery of your destiny and/or the destiny of others is behind door number __?__.
When you begin to dream, you will then discover "The Door to your Destiny!"

I sowed a dream many years ago because of a calling I felt in my heart. I know God placed this desire in me. He then allowed me to imagine and sow. Today I am seeing things begin to take root in the soil of my imagination. 

God is working out His purposes in me after much praying, preparing, planning and seeking. In a couple short months I am thrilled share with you http://www.heatherbaxter.com/

A ministry with much to offer. It is my passion and highest honor to share my faith and your purpose in Christ!  HBministries will lead women to the door of their destiny through an adventure with faith!

Sow a dream seed today,