Thursday, September 16, 2010

KICK THAT LION TO THE CURB!

September 16th Reading

H E L P!  A lion is in my way.....

This morning I was convicted and challenged about some huge weaknesses in my life. I have some ridiculous excuses to why I cannot finish or complete things in life. In yesterdays post I wrote about becoming a finisher. God has goals and destinations  for us in this kingdom life. He desires for us to finish strong and go from glory to glory as we respond in obedience. Dreams and destinations only happen when you finish a desire. A desire brings forth the dream!

What stops you from finishing?

 Proverbs 26:13   The Lazy man says "There is a lion in the road! A fierce lion is in the streets!"

When I get excited about a dream my mind starts to play thousands of tricks on me which sap the energy, motivation and strength right out of my system. My mind is a great example of the fierce lion in the road getting in the way of my destination.

I tend to be very hard on myself. I suffer from low self esteem and lack of confidence. Not very good qualities for a dreamer! I analyze everything I do and come up with reasons for regrets. Regrets then become my greatest fears.

I also tend to slip into comparing myself to other dreamers and their achievements. I then make a conclusion that I "could have" achieved the same things if I were more careful, smarter and courageous. Then I start to feel like crap and that leads to laziness!

Even when I just achieved something, I still criticize my inadequacy instead of thanking God. As a result the lion in my road has made me lethargic and less productive. The lion steals my vision daily if I do not renew my mind. It took a close friend of mine to point this out to me, she stated  this firmly to me, 
                         "Heather, you have to stop talking negative about your dreams!"

My mind will allow me to worry about my next failures which produces procrastination. The past 6 months God has allowed me to visualize more of my dream by directing me to new desires. Since I have taken steps of faith in the direction of the dreams the lion in the road has been getting more fierce.

We all have a door to a particular destiny. When we begin to discover the doorway to our dreams the enemy comes lurking like a fierce lion to kill, steal and destroy the dreamer~

Do you think the enemy is excited for you to FINISH strong?

We all have different lions that will try to destroy the desire God put into our hearts. Let me share another lion I have been facing lately. God has nudged me since last year to begin writing a book/study called "Run Like You Mean It."  However, the lions have told me that I am not a writer and the quality of my grammar is very poor.  People have even intimidated me because they have pointed out my poor qualities.  Listen friends, I know my ggramer is poor but God keeps pointing me to keep shooting for the stars. God reminds me that He will help me in my calling and send people into my pathway.

Remember to embrace the friendships that sharpen and shape you with love. Lions can show up in people. I have experienced the cruel, rude lion that has no desire to encourage the dreamer in you.

Friends do not allow the lions to sap the energy, zeal and strength out of you. Claim Gods word today and kick the lion to the curb.

 Philippians 4:13 "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" 

                            KICK THAT LION TO THE CURB GIRLFRIEND!

This devo was all for me today and I am grateful that God can use my weakness for others!

Shooting for the stars,