Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Ponder your Path

September 8th Reading

In yesterdays post I shared the recent new doors that have been opened for me and others in ministry. Take a look at the fresh dreams and directions. (9/7/10)

God has an amazing prepared path for us all to take. However, I believe the world has lost the contrast between light and dark. Choosing the path that is wise will lead you to a destiny that increases in brightness and purpose. The path that is dark is characterized by complete and utter darkness that causes instability and stumbling. I have been down that dark path far too many times and I have also experienced the goodness of God by choosing the lit path. I can say today that I am addicted to the goodness of God and that alone keeps me craving the bright path.

I have explained in past posts that my family has been in a state of transition the past 6 months. Yesterday my 3 children all started new schools. My oldest son, Benjamin and I spent some time together last evening before bed, chatting about his life in a new school. Ben is 13 and in 8th grade. I know this is hard for him to meet all new friends again. My husband, my son, and I  have been praying that God would direct His path in choosing new friendships. Ben told me last night that he is observing all the kids and does not want to end up with trouble makers. I told him to make "wise" choices in picking friends. Our friends can be our biggest obstacles. I have striven the past 13 years to teach Ben the way of wisdom. He has a fork in every path for every decision he makes. He can choose light or dark!

I desire for Ben to experience the brightness of Gods destiny for His life.

Proverbs 4:26 "Ponder the path of your feet and let all your ways be established."

Today's reading covers Proverbs chapter 3-5. I highly encourage you to read these short chapters. God is directing us to choose the bright path. I love theses chapters because they explain what is in it for you when you choose the right path.

Peace, favor, high esteem, mercy, truth, direction, honor, overflow, HAPPINESS, health, sweet sleep, blessings, pleasantness and strength are deposited into our life when we choose the wise path.

God has something far greater then your struggle, pain, shame, fear and loneliness. I feel sorry for people that do not give God the time of day, or even acknowledge that He has a chosen path designed for them.
Those that claim to have a perfect life without Him will never really experience the POWER of God in their life. That is so sad to me, the power of God shows up like all the deposits I mentioned above. Who in their right mind would not want something freely deposited into their life? God is so good my friends and I plead with you today to think about His wisdom and ways.

I want my son to make wise choices. I reminded him last night as we ended our talk that God has something so great for him. I told him that God did not transition our family with no purpose in mind. God wants to make stuff known to us and is offering us an outstretched hand, but we can disregard all of His deposits if we are not wise.

I have two video teachings that I did on WISDOM last year. The teaching is on proverbs chapter 3-5.
I teach in a very relational and relevant way. I promise it will stir your heart. These few chapters are so rich with treasure. Please allow me to open the trunk and share the jewels with you! If you have 40 minutes over coffee or hot tea join me. Each lesson is approximately 35 minutes. The choice to view this lesson could be the first step in the right direction. The links for the lessons are located at the bottom of this posting.  God has a word for you my friend!

Have a great Wednesday and I hope all the moms are adjusting to the back to school schedule. I have 3 children all in different schools this year! I use post it notes to remind me of bus stops and drop off and pick up times. The mornings can be crazy over here at the Baxter house!

I would love to hear from you, please leave a comment in the box below and let me know how Gods word is working in your life. Also if you click the envelope on the bottom of the post it will email today's devotion to a friend.

Proverbs Lesson #1
Proverbs Lesson #2

Grace and Peace,