Monday, September 20, 2010

Monkey Bars


 
September 20th Reading


Sunday morning I was getting ready for church and my youngest daughter Alivia came into my bathroom asking for band-aides for her blisters. She held up both hands and in the very center stood out big blister wounds. I asked her how this happened and she explained to me that she trying everyday to make it all the way across and around the corner on the monkey bars.  With great desire she said "I will make it!"

Alivia is strong willed in character and if she wants something she will be persistent until it happens. This behavior can be positive and negative depending on the situation.

I found this to be a strength for this particular situation and I used the opportunity to encourage her desire to accomplish the goal!  I reminded her that God has placed a dream in her heart and it will be up to her to get across the monkey bars daily in order to discover her determined destiny.  Alivia was so consumed all weekend with getting back to school to try this all over again. She was so focused on this desire.

As I glared at her scares I was reminded of  the scares left on Jesus hands. I told Alivia that Jesus was the first dreamer created by God. Jesus followed his passion for people, He had a vision of what should be and could be for all humanity. The dream demanded sacrifice for Jesus. We have been bought with a price. God was at work behind the scenes in Jesus' life preparing the way for us. God was dreaming about you when He sent Jesus. When we learn to turn our eyes toward the face of Jesus we will only then begin to see the rest of Gods DREAM. The dream did not end at the cross that was the beginning of the dream being transferred into our heart once we believed. The God of the universe has something in mind for each of us.

In today's reading I came across two verses again about DREAMS! God must really need me to understand some things he is doing in my life.

Ecclesiastes 5:3 "For a DREAM comes through much activity"


Ecclesiastes 5:7 "For in the multitude of DREAMS and many words there is also vanity, But fear God."


The cross was the bridge to our dreams and destination. If God has a vision for your life wouldn't it be a tragedy if we take our talents, abilities, experiences, opportunities and education and run off in any
direction we pleased? This is why the above verse pleads with us to "fear God."

It is so important that our dreams and passions are connected to God's multifaceted vision for your life. If not you will experience "much activity" but will fall short in the end. Your dreams will still leave you wondering in the end. Whether you choose to agree or disagree the truth is your choice.

Ephesians 2:10 "you were created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand so that we could walk in them."

God has a dream prepared for you!

The dreams we experience at night sleeping are the natural outgrowths of stimuli we receive in our waking hours. God's dreams are stimulated through our passions and desires the energy of the desire is the creative force that propels the power of your dream.  We all have potential to go beyond where we are. The momentum of  manifestation keeps the dream alive and allows us to experience the path of fulfilling destiny.

The momentum only stays consistent when its God's vision and not our plans. This is the discovery period. WE all have to discover the will of God for our lives. If you start with FEARING GOD and commit to a new, real, fresh and growing relationship with Him, I promise you will feel His ignited energy that will allow you to reach the next monkey bar.

I personally have been in much prayer about Gods vision for my life. I have experienced failed plans the past year but God reminded me that I should not interpret that as failed vision. God allows things to fail so that you recast the vision and He transfers you back to the original vision. However, all of the past was a partner to the future plan. If we are not connected and fearing God we will end up missing the refined moments. Plans are revised and they rarely stay the same. That is why I believe the verse above states that dreams come through much activity.

I plead with you my friends to look to Him to orchestrate that which He originated.  Taking a new bible study, making sure you are in a good bible preaching church, connecting with leaders that influence and teach you about Gods will and desiring to engage your talents and passions in the right direction will allow you to rise to the level of God given destinations!

As you begin to fear God he will bring opportunities your way and open doors. Get ready to stand up and walk through that door, because God will go with you and show you great and mighty things!

I was so inspired by my daughters scars and passion to get across the money bars. I know my dreams have brought me many blisters, but I will not give up! Today is Monday and I decide to fear God and climb those monkey bars one at a time, seeing more of His dreams and less of me!

Happy monkey bar climbing,