Wednesday, September 29, 2010

WAITING IN THE WING

September 29th Reading

I woke up this morning, made my coffee and opened a book. I never start at the beginning, I like to first sample a few pages in the middle and end before I start at the beginning. So on page 74 I read:
"For, you see, it is in pursuing our dreams that we move from becoming a half---person who is "waiting in the wings" for something---to a whole. We become the person we want to be. We become confident about the future .... and the power of our dreams."

Pearl Buck said, "There are many ways of breaking a heart. But what really broke a heart was taking away a dream---whatever the dream might be"


In times of change or broken pieces our very existence is "waiting in the wing" to become whole again. These times can often make us feel trapped and insecure with the future. However, God is creative, powerful, holy and completely faithful. He has a determined dream.

After reading a few page of the book I went on to reading the daily word for today. Again the bible reading for the day is listed at the top of each daily blog post! I strongly encourage you to take a walk through the bible and make it part of your day. I promise it will enlighten the path you have to walk for that day! Gods word never fails to bring a new sense of calm.

In Isaiah 7:4 it states some pretty powerful words, " TAKE HEED, and BE QUIET; DO NOT FEAR OR BE FAINTHEARTED."

In those "waiting in the wing" seasons it can be so difficult but Gods word brings us an important truth today for these times.

TAKE HEED- Pay attention to me

BE QUIET- Oh my this is hard! But I always need to remember to "give it to God" and allow Him to bring about amazing changes. If I am talking all the time I will miss His work around me.

DO NOT FEAR- It is easy for us to fear the unknown because we do not see the outcome. During the "waiting in the wing" times God will teach us how to believe and activate our faith.

DO NOT BE FAINTHEARTED- Do not quit!

What are you waiting on?
A loved one to come to know Christ?  The healing of a loved one that is suffering?  A personal victory? A clear answer to a direction God is leading you in?  A struggling marriage? A broken, bruised and tired heart waiting for an answer? A career decision?

We all have "waiting in the wing" seasons but Do Not give up girlfriends because God is in the middle of creating His masterpiece and whatever situation you are facing He is creating you to be a window box for a watching world.

Do you ever go strolling down a little street in a quaint town and admire the showcase in each window. I love to look at all the details that each window box brings. Your story is a showcase for a watching world. God will place everything in such a unique way that it will draw the interests of others. This is how He can then tell HIS STORY through your showcase!

Blessings in the waiting,