Tuesday, September 14, 2010

The Unforgettable Dream

September 14th Reading



The power of an unforgettable dream is that it just keeps going until it is fulfilled. It does not matter how many setbacks occur, or how many obstacles are thrown in the way, it's never to late. The dream came from God, and it still belongs to Him. God made the promise and He has the power to fulfill it!

Do you Believe friends that God has a big dream for you life?

A God dream is a clear focused vision that actually allows us to experience ahead of time the emotions associated with the anticipated future.

Have you ever woke up in the middle of the night crying or laughing really hard because you felt the emotions of your dream? My husband and I have had the wonderful experience to catch and watch each other in our dreams. I have witnessed him laughing so hard he had the bed jerking! He has heard me crying in my sleep and had to give me the gentle nudge to bring me back to reality!

God will allow us to sample the emotions that go along side our God given dreams. He will put us in our dream so we can experience the anticipated future! God will send little opportunities your way which allow you to feel that belly full of fire, passion and enthusiasm. Did you know that the word enthusiasm comes from a greek root, entheos, which means "in God" or even "possessed by God." When you are turbocharged about your dream God is the one who fired you up! Do not let anyone steal that dream. Everyday someone will crush the realities of your dream but stay focused and keep running.

(sidebar) I am working on a book study called "Run Like you Mean it" I will be proposing my book to publishers in July 2011. I am praying and seeking Gods will now as I discover the realities of this dream.

In today's reading a verse jumped out to me that I believe is very important.

Proverbs 19:21 "There are many plans in a man's heart, nevertheless the Lord's counsel--that will stand."

God has the necessary power to bring His plans or counsel about. He always succeeds! Our plans are many and uncertain, and the success of our plans depends on the will of God. Only the plans that God approves will succeed!

Passion is the number one ingredient that will motivate you to find or discover direction. I am in a huge season with ministry and I am truly moved by passion to continue to discover Gods direction. The direction is your road map to move you alongside your God given dream. Obstacles and set backs will be encountered during the discovery process, however they all have a huge part in shaping us so we fit into the dream God has designed.

Allow me to share an amazing plan on how to discover the direction in finding the WILL of GOD in your life. Before I give you the 7 day practical plan please renew your mind and ask yourself these foundational questions.

Am I teachable and ready to learn? Do I know the only absolute truth is found in the Word of God? Have I taken the time today to confess sin and walk forward in obedience? Most importantly, if you have not already I plead for you to invite Jesus Christ to come into your life as Savior and Lord.
"For whosever calls upon the name of the Lord shall be saved" Romans 10:13
He must be living inside of you in order for you to begin to really understand and hear His sweet whispers and gentle nudges. Have you crossed that line of faith?

Yesterdays post I talked about the first two choices that need to be made in order to "change your game" I encourage you to read that devotion. God needs to become a choice and commitment in order for your God dreams to be discovered.

7 Day Practical Plan for Discovering the Will of God

1. Read Gods word daily.
I encourage you to start reading the word for the day by clicking the date above the daily devotion. This will take you to the portion of scripture for that day. By making this a commitment and striving for consistancy, I promise you will begin to notice and understand the whispers from God.

2. Pray 3x a day thank God for His perfect ways and ask Him to lead guide and direct you.

3. Fast 24 hours. I usually fast from food and drink water only.
"FASTING" by Jentezen Franklin is a great book to help you understand the deeper and more
powerful relationship with God that is discovered through fasting.

4. Seek Godly counsel from at least 3 people, pay attention to how they direct and challenge you.

5. Watch all your circumstances for those 7 days. God speaks through people and situations to confirm
things in your life.

6. God will reveal things to you in this time period. Be prepared to respond and adjust your life to
follow Him by making a final decision on this day.

7. Rest in the Decision you made and stay committed.

All dreams that are from God go through a discovering process. I hope today's devotion encourages you to move forward in the unforgettable dream.

If you are desiring to discover the doorway to your dreams or maybe you are in the discovering process, please leave a comment at the end of this post and I will pray that you remain a turbocharged dreamer. I will be honored to partner with you in prayer each step of the way. Stand fast in faith my friend and be brave and strong!

Dreaming big with you,