Wednesday, September 1, 2010

DUCT TAPE DREAMS

September 1st Reading

Duct Tape is a WONDERFUL thing. Now I am going to be real and let you know that I just discovered that you spell DUCK tape this way....DUCT tape. OK you can laugh but remember, I tell God daily He chose the wrong girl to write and speak!

I use duct tape on everything. If you looked behind the pictures and mirrors on my wall you will find rolled duct tape to keep them in place. If you look under my big area rugs you will find duct tape to hold the four corners from slipping. If you look in my lamps I have duct tape around the broken lamp shades. I use duct tape to hold everything together.

I was thinking today about several conversations I have had in the past week with people. Every story had something to do with a BROKEN reality. However, so many people settle for repairing their brokenness with a quick piece of duct tape to keep them from slipping day to day in the pain of their reality. God wants you to believe He has something better for you!
However we settle for the big thick ugly silver duct tape.

Remember Disappointment is the GAP that exists between expectation and reality. However, God has a way to get our attention and fill all the Gaps. All of us have encountered gaps. We have all had unexpected bad experiences. Have you had an expectation about someone and then they let you down? What about an expectation for your family name? How about a goal or dream in ministry that all of a sudden  begins to twist and fall?

 Disappointments can be highly damaging to us.The greatest gap between successful people and unsuccessful people is the "thinking gap". If you have ran into a detour PLEASE be careful and guard your mind. Keep trying, keep learning, keep moving and exploring forward. We need to be careful and get Gods wisdom out of the experience. Failure can bring us right to the doorway of Gods dreams for our lives. He has only one door that determines our destiny. However, we choose to go in the wrong door and shut the right doors several times in life. I pray you choose to allow the twists and turns in your life to draw you into Gods Grace.

Psalm 136:4 "To Him alone does great wonders, for His mercy endures forever"

He is enduring when you are broken. He has something better for your life!

Change your thinking, Change your perspective, Change your habits

"A CHAMPION IS ONE WHO GETS UP WHEN HE CAN'T"
                                  -Jack Dempsey

Do not keep duct tape Faith. Believe God to do something better with the broken situation. I know from experience that disappointment hurts. But I also know that having a passion to DISCOVER the real truth, embracing another journey and realizing God is always faithful and has not forgotten me. This attitude will lead me to Gods preferred dream for my life.I came to the reality of a new vision in my valley. I chose to think differently in that Gap.

How are you thinking in your gap today? Has expectations left you broken?
Are you settling for duct tape faith? Will you BELIEVE for more today?

Can we pray together?
Lord, Please bless every person that has invested time in reading this devo. You love them with an ENDURING love. Thank you for allowing me to be a channel of your Grace and Reality. I pray that you would help us remove the duct tape in the broken areas of our life. I know you will direct us to the right door. Lord put a passion in us today to begin to discover more then the reality of our gaps.
Thank you ahead of time for the wonders you will do!
In Jesus name,
We all say AMEN!

Love ya and I prayed for your destiny today,