Wednesday, June 1, 2011

THE DIFFICULTY OF FINISHING WELL

JUNE 1 READING



I cannot believe it is already JUNE!
 This is truly my favorite month of the whole year.  In June I will celebrate two of my kids birthdays, my anniversary, fathers day and big family BBQ'S, every weekend is already filled.

 This month can be enjoyed with family because of a simple truth I strive to live for daily...

"FINISH WELL EVEN IF ITS DIFFICULT."

Finishing well allows another year of celebrations~ 

A year can bring its share of difficulties with children, marriage and personal tests.

Its hard to celebrate when you feel hollow and fail to finish the difficulties well.

In today's reading we find a timeless principle:
 "The Lord is with you when you are with Him (2 Chronicles 15:2).

Many times we fail to walk with God in our marriages and with our children. We do not rely on God!

Secret sin begins to take root in our lives and a pattern of failure stems from that secret!

We then FAIL to FINISH well.

 I have discovered this timeless truth and I know that I cannot finish one day well without walking with God.

Look at King Asa in today's reading... He failed to finish well. Asa after several years walked away from God and returned to his old self and patterns and eventually died a hollow leader who FAILED to FINISH well.

Asa stands today with majority who FAIL to FINISH well. I urge you today to not let the pattern of failure stem from any secret sin. It is never to late to turn to God in your difficult time. God will help you finish strong!

Lets look at King David and how this worked with Him... He started out as an anointed King, mighty warrior, faithful and loyal man and great leader. David took a turn away from God and became disloyal, committed adultery, committed murder, tried to cover his sins and brought judgement to his family.

When we turn our hearts from God we will not FINISH WELL. Our marriages will FAIL and the rest falls apart.

BUT ITS NOT TO LATE FRIENDS!

God takes what is ROCK BOTTOM and RECREATES YOU!

DO NOT GIVE UP...RUN WITH GOD!

Today is national running day. I challenge you to go out for a RUN with God.
If you can only run a half a block then give what you can to God. Take this time to tell HIM you want to FINISH WELL and not FAIL!

God loves a runners heart. If you can I  challenge you to RUN 1 MILE WITH GOD!

Let God know you want to celebrate the victories in life by learning to finish well!

RUN LIKE YOU MEAN IT FRIENDS!



Let me know if you ran your mile and I will continue to pray for you TO FINISH WELL!