Thursday, June 16, 2011

OPPOSITION TO THE V I S I O N

JUNE 16 DAILY BIBLE READING




Several, years ago I was sitting in the balcony at my previous church home waiting for my pastor to bring the Sunday message. Pastor Jim was a tool in which God used to help  me learn how to DREAM.
As I trace the story backwards I remember a very significant moment in which the course of my future was about to change!
One simple message on an ordinary Sunday made my life forever extraordinary.

The message of course came from the book of NEHEMIAH. If you click on the above reading it will bring you to the reading for today. I highly encourage you to read yesterdays post,  click here to read  as it will heart beat with today's devo.

In this message I was taught to model  Nehemiah. He was a man that could not imagine sitting still in the midst of pain. When he heard the wall of Jerusalem lay in shambles, he created a vision of what could and should be. 

HE HAD TO ACT

HE HAD TO DREAM

Let me share some tips from this Sunday message to develop the dreamer in you!
ETERMINE you must be determined to want some
thing better that you cannot control. This becomes your vision. You determine the problem, the solution, the reason something must be done and the reason something must be done NOW!

Remember: For it is God who is at work in you, both to will and to work for His GOOD pleasures. Philippians 2:13

R EALIGN  you must have a plan so you can play out your part while you wait for the vision to unfold. Goals and plans keep us focused and determined. We then can daily realign with the optimism in the midst of realism.

(a starting plan is prepared for you at the bottom of today's post)

Rely on God, Respect the opposition, Reinforce the weak points, Reassure the people, Refuse to quit, Renew strength continually

E STABLISH your position in the midst of your  circumstances, then prepare to accomplish the vision. God is using your circumstance to establish and prepare you for something bigger.


Difficult, Painful and Frustrating times are not wasted times!

REGAIN PERSPECTIVE IN THE MIDST OF AN ENVIRONMENT THE IS HOSTILE TO YOUR DREAMS!

A CCOUNTABILITY you must have accountability with others that are like minded to the goals. They will inspire your dream.
Do you belong to a team of like minded supporters?
I love my bible study group and small groups....simply amazing and inspiring!

MULTIPLY  you are a model that will multiply the work of God in your life. God has created every single person to be a dream catcher. Allow others to learn to dream through you.

PEOPLE ARE WATCHING YOU

Establishing a VISION is very important.

Today we see that Nehemiah's vision is what helped him stay focused when destractors tormented and did everything possible to interfere with the future.
Nehemiah's character countered every assault and he stood strong on the Godly vision.

In life we will have destractors but God will help you in the midst of the unfolding vision. God wants to provide you with a new strategy for victory. The secret is to outlast your critics and stay committed to the DREAM.

Start with these few questions and watch what God will do.
It is not the experience and knowledge of God that will help you, it starts with the PASSION and DESIRE to know God and the dreams he has for you! God will then fill you with all the knowledge.


* State the existing problem

*What is your proposed solution

*Image with your mind a clear picture of what could and should be

*write down a list of adjectives that describe what could and should be

*Now begin forming sentences that describe your preferred future.

 To speak your own imagination , you may want to start with the phrase, I IMAGINE...

I Imagine a family that...
I imagine a company that...
I imagine a marriage in which...
I imagine a church where...
I imagine my child...
I imagine my finances...
  
I suggest also you get the book called VISIONEERING by Andy Stanley. It will be life altering!

Start ESTABLISHING your DREAM today!

Let me know if you are going to run with the above thoughts and write then down. I would love to hear your thoughts on Visions and Dreams. I want to pray for you!
Leave a comment below or send me a personal email at heather@hbministries.com

 God has a blueprint for developing and maintaining your vision.
I dare you to tap into His plan.
 It will change your life.
It did mine.

Blessings Today