Monday, March 7, 2011

WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM ME?

                                                                          
What are you begging God for? It's completely fine to keep asking and seeking God about one specific thing in our life? Does that mean we are selfish in our relationship with God when we sit and pray until something happens? does that mean we are pushing God?

 After today's reading in Mark 10:44-52 I find myself wanting to build up the character of Blind Bartimaeous and understand more his encounter with Jesus. I will admit I am sitting roadside with Jesus about some personal dreams and destinations. Today's reading reminded me to BE SPECIFIC, God will answer according to His perfect plan but we still need to be specific in what we want. Let me share what I learned today.

1. BE PERSISTANT
Batimaeous did not give up but sat at the roadside in prayer. God wants us to keep seeking and asking. Many times I give up way to early because I did not get an answer quick enough. I tend to be very excited about what I want but have little patience to wait, watch and listen for God.

Will you join me in staying persistent about a specific desire without getting anxious in waiting?

2. BE PERSEVERING
He persevered despite the obstacles around him. If you read in the passage you will notice that the people had been very discouraging to him. They tried to hinder Bart from crying out in persistence.

Do you have an obstacle that hinders you from persevering? Do not focus on the here and now but allow your persevering faith bring about what you cannot see with the physical eye. Do not allow your physical eye to trick you and allow you to stumble over the obstacles!

3. BE SPECIFIC
He was VERY specific in his prayers. He told Jesus what he desired. Jesus even asked "what do you want me to do for you?" and he said "I want to see." It is important to remember we can be specific but God will answer according to His plans. Many times God has put the desires in our heart in which we are praying for!
Will you join me this week in praying for something specific?

4. BE BELIEVING
Bartimaeous had faith and trust in Jesus that He was all knowing and was able to exceedingly and abundantly more then he could think or imagine.
Even so we need to have FAITH we will receive according to His richness and glory. Without faith its impossible to please Him. Ask God to renew your faith in Him today. Stand strong in the promises of God sweet sister!

5. BE THANKFUL
He was thankful after He received from the Lord. He received and did not forget the benefits. He glorified God and all the people around him knew why? I need to be more thankful and content. I have to admit that I am always wanting more and forget to be thankful for the benefits already received.
I am going to thank God today for some specific things, will you join me?

Keep asking God my friend and watch for the encounter you have with Jesus!
Blessings,
Heather