Friday, March 18, 2011

A LOOK FROM AFAR

March 18th Reading


This is why I do what I do.

Why do I pursue holiness?
What drives me to stay set apart, choosing to do what is right?
Some days my flesh drives me in the wrong direction but what is the key that always brings me back into alignment?

How do I stay focused?

When I read the word of God it presents a truth on what I should and could do. But often I try to do it my own way or tend to give up part of the way.
BUT then I come back to what God spoke in His word and convince myself that He only tells me these things because He has something great... in the distance.
God wants to accomplish something great with my life.
Every short cut I take because of my rebellious short comings only CUTS the plans of God in half.

Today when I did my daily reading I was reminded that God has a bigger plan for our lives but our choices often disqualify us from the plan that stands AFAR OFF.

In Deuteronomy 32:51 I read something tragic. God says to Moses"Because you did not uphold my holiness and broke faith, you will see the land only from a distance
you will NOT ENTER the land.

The Land is a picture of the perfect plans and dreams that God has for your life. Moses stood at the top of the mountain and looked only from a distance. He could see the land and all that He was missing.

God prepared so much for Moses to experience but He chose to drift from Gods perfect will.

This is the POWER OF VISION
Moses was able to stand and see what He could have enjoyed and how he could have prospered.
 Moses understood how life his life was turning out because He chose to fail to obey completely.
Moses knew that his prosperity depended far more on a healthy spiritual condition than on any type of leadership powers or personal dreams. 

MOSES MISSED THE BIGGER DREAM

This my friends is why I strive by grace and mercy to do what is right.
I do not want to stand from afar and see the dreams God had for my life and know that I missed them because I chose to live life my own way.
 I do not want to give up because God has things in the distance for me!

Moses story enables us today to understand the importance of seeing the future from two angels.
God wants to prepare you for the future.
I pray this is a fresh inspiration and a vision casted that will strike a concern about your future.
Do you want to stand and only see from AFAR?
Do you even believe that God has big dreams for you in the distance?
I pray today that we do not take any short cuts in life but fully embrace what God has set apart for us.

Check back in next week because I will be starting VIDEO BLOGS! Many have asked if I would "speak out" my morning devos.
Check in next week for something NEW!
Blessings friends!