Monday, April 18, 2011

WHEN YOU COUNT THE COST

Daily Reading for April 18, 2011
                                                                               

Planning before we START is the FIRST step in PLANNING success!

I tend to begin things with a very passive attitude, never much of a thinker on the details that may be needed to finish without running out.

           RUNNING out of what?

 PATIENCE, FINANCES, IDEAS, LOVE,  self CONTROL, ESTEEM, CONSISTENCY, FAITH, GENTLENESS, JOY, GOODNESS, PEACE and TEMPERANCE...

Recently my husband and I stepped out to facilitate a fairly large class called "Managing Pressure in your marriage." This Sunday we sat together at the kitchen table to review our notes and pray together. First, thanking God for what He has repaired in our marriage and for the marriages embarking on this 6 week journey.

Together, we came across a verse that had us evaluating our life and pressures.

This same verse, came my way this morning in the Daily Reading  for Monday.
If you are joining for the first time I encourage you to click on the date at the top of this post and read through the Word of God for today.
 Then I welcome you to read my very real and practical post for that day and discover a truth in the days reading that either messed with my center core, left me feeling strong or kept me standing!

That's what this is all about.... READING, PonDERing, INSpIRING,  TEaCHing  and ChANGing!

What is God saying this snowy Monday morning? What do I need to separate and understand?

A PLAN is your BLUEPRINT for SUCCESS.
A PLAN tells you where to focus.
 A PLAN takes practice, time and patience.

Luke 14:28-32
DON'T BEGIN until you COUNT the COST, for who would begin building without first calculating the cost to see if there is ENOUGH money to finish?
Otherwise, you might complete only the foundation before RUNNING OUT of money, and then everyone would laugh at you. They would say, "There the person who started building and COULDN'T AFFORD TO FINISH IT."

So many times I have set out on life's journeys unprepared and without calculations. Falling flat on my heart more times than once, leaving me crushed and broken inside.
 Over the past failures and years,  I  have CHANGED and decided to build a journey that will last.

Sitting Down and counting the cost calculating what I have and need to... FINISH IT.

FINISH WHAT?

THE MARRIAGE
PARENTING
DREAMS
RELATIONSHIPS
THE JOB

I want to FINISH STRONG and MUST consider the COST INVOLVED.

When you count the cost, you will sit and PLAN AHEAD.

Decisions determine our DESTINY and play a key role in how we handles the pressures we face each day!

Yet, few ever receive formal training in "How to make good decisions."

May I share a new calculation that has changed our lives and something I often speak on at conferences.

A PLAN, my husband and I try to live out by example, some days better then others but still a PLAN.

4 practices will make for good decisions and planning that will help you finish in all areas of life.


1. Pray for Guidance (Proverbs 3:5-7)

2. Honestly Evaluate your options (Luke 14:28-32) Today's bible verse!

3. SEEK wise counsel (Proverbs 12:15; 13:20; 15;22)

4. Decide which of your choices is the wisest, and commit your decisions together to God.

MOVING DAYS, TRANSITIONS TIMES,
      CHANGING OF SEASONS,
 Leave me a bit lost, DISORIENTATED.......

But a PLAN PLANTED will FUNCTION in this PLACE.

A PLAN MAY SEEM RIDICULOUS BUT RECONFIGURES EVERYTHING.

Dare to live fully right where you are...DESIRE to sit down and count the COST and FINISH STRONG.

Everything in life has a PRICE TAG and we will pay.

May this Monday bring a Motion to your plans.