Monday, April 4, 2011

COMMITMENT PRECEDES RESOURCES


APRIL 4th READING

                                                                     


I cannot tell you how many times in which I have all the desire needed to move forward with great God dreams but the resources LACK! 

My heart is full of energy and excitement and then I step out and hit a wall because of resources or lack of wisdom in a certain area! This can be frustrating, my human wisdom thought that if I had the money I could hire someone to help move the God visions forward and pay others for their area of wisdom. This is not Gods wisdom and His ways are so much higher! I understand all this but a little of "MY FLESH" took over this morning!


I found myself full of doubt this morning, wanting to GIVE UP on some things. DO you ever just want to throw the towel in and move on. Even with the help of others I am still running into problems. I said this morning WHY GOD? WHY?


BUT then GOD said....I turned to my daily reading which landed me in the book of Ruth.  A women of COMMITMENT! Her commitment moved her to so many open doors. She had a FIRM COMMITMENT REGARDLESS OF HER RESOURCES.
 I was so impressed with Gods love and ability to speak to my doubt immediately this morning because of my commitment to reading the daily WORD.


Today I choose to remain COMMITTED even when I go through periods of doubt. I know that God will provide resources and the circumstances of HIS timing will pull together what He intends.
In RUTH 1: 1-25 I reminds me that COMMITMENT PRECEDES RESOURCES.


While EVERY leader needs financial and human resources to reach his or her goals, commitment should always precede these resources. When a leader demonstrates commitment to the mission and goals of the organization, the resource WILL FOLLOW!


In the very first chapter of the book that bears her name, RUTH chooses to stay with Naomi, her mother-in-law, even after she looses her husband. She did not know it, but her commitment would lead her to all kinds of OPENED DOORS. Ruth finds work during difficult time, makes friends in a foreign land, and eventually gains a new husband, Boaz. Most impressively, GOD INCLUDES HER- a Moabite adopted into the family of Israel- in the line of Christ. The child she bore became part of the lineage of the Messiah!


  THE KEY?... COMMITMENT!


Until a leader commits, a hesitancy lingers. But the moment that leader commits, then GOD moves and a whole stream of events begins to flow. All manner of unforeseen incidents, meetings, materials, persons and material assistance --Which no one cold ever dream up--begin to occur.


This all starts to happen the moment you COMMIT!


Today I will commit and disregard my skill level in certain areas. I will RECOMMIT even though I was committed. Certain things remain with  hiccups and faults BUT I will RE COMMIT  again and be reminded of RUTH'S example.


God has a plan and He will lead us to all kinds of open doors. JUST STAY COMMITTED!


Blessings,
Heather