Monday, April 11, 2011

A FATHERS VICTORY


APRIL 11th READING
               
                                                                                                                                  
Sunday afternoon my husband had a friend from his work coming to purchase a Go Cart for his 2 young boys ages 3 and 7. This man, a father is still striving for  daily VICTORY in his life after a life shattering incident. He left me with a bit of advice yesterday as we chatted under the warmth of the first spring warm sun.

"Do not take one bit of life for granted"

HIS STORY:
A beautiful evening two years ago while relaxing on the deck with his wife, his BEST FRIEND after the kids where tucked into bed, she fell over from an instant aneurysm and died.

 In one second his life changed forever

 He is striving to raise these two boys the best he can. I listened as he shared how his days go as he gets them up and ready for school everyday and dropped off at daycare bright and early so he can get to work by 7am. If a child is sick, he leaves work. He went on to say that he has forgot many times the extra snow clothes bag that needed to be sent to school so they could participate in outdoor recess.

Macaroni and Cheese and corn dogs are a favorite for dinner as everyone settles in for the evening before starting another day all over again. He told me it has been so hard and on some days he felt like giving up but knew that he had to face this giant and get through one day at a time.

 I watched his kids running around my house in the warm sun, I really felt for this man and his this big  giant that was tossed in his life. He has an everyday battle raising 2 very young children, working full time and still grieving the loss of his best friend.
 Work keeps him traveling and brings him to Michigan for long periods at a time. He still lives in beautiful COLORADO SPRINGS in the glorious mountains and will be making a trip back home over spring break. I appreciated hearing how close the boys and him have become as they travel for his work in his big truck and  just do life together. Keeping Sunday mornings "special" as they pick a restaurant for eggs and bacon.

 Not the life at all that they signed up for.

"It has been so hard but I have to keep going" he stated several times.

I was reminded of him this morning when I read the popular story of David and Goliath in Luke 17.
He is faced daily with a huge giant, however, the  deep passion in his heart for VICTORY  keeps him growing strong.

I pondered most of the night about this mans relationship with God. I want to know what that looks like. I asked my husband if they have had conversations on the job. I cannot imagine victory without God. It would be such a struggle and labor that could end up paralyzing in the end.

"Oh, dear Jesus bless this man today and give us more opportunities to love on him so that he may experience YOU more in this battle over his big giant."  This has become my prayer all night.

Jesus wants to help his perspective, offer new methods, fresh conviction, pure motives, a crisp vision, blessed experiences and a strong attitude. Victory is only fun when Jesus is in the mix offering everyday strategies for success.

I wonder today how this father is facing his giant?  When I  was preparing lunches and handing out kisses this morning my heart was with those two young boys and father.
 I know that if I had a life that was interrupted with a giant that big, I  would not be able to take two steps forward without my Jesus.
 Jesus becomes so real in a life full of giants. Just as David experienced the power of God over Goliath, we can experience Gods will and power over our specific giants.

The Lord wants to deliver us and work wonders that keep us marveling over the victory and no longer the giant.

What does your Goliath look like? I have a few and I know that my GOD IS BIGGER and mighty in power, with His help VICTORY is possible and everybody wins!

May God open your hearts to rise above your Goliath so that your perspective, methods, convictions, motives, visions and attitudes will be renewed!

Blessings,
Heather