Friday, April 1, 2011

FREE FRIDAY/ DATING CONTRACTS and LESSON

April 1st Reading


TODAY'S FREE FRIDAY.....I have the BEST resource for families wanting to handle the guy/girl relationships with the best wisdom! We need to not protect as our children and young teens from the hidden traps. This material will provide you with wisdom and allow you to be an experienced guide identifying warning signs or "SPARKS" that start forest fires!

SPARKS lead to physical passion and the goal today is to give you free wisdom to formulate GODLY standards for guy/girl relationships that will guide them in the furture.

SMOKEY BEARS SLOGAN, "ONLY YOU CAN PREVENT FOREST FIRES"

SPARKS can grow and turn into forest fires that damage you and others. I have a few close friends that I love to pieces that have been affected by young teen pregnancies. A spark that lead to a big forest fire. These families handled a very hard situation  with grace, mercy, love and wisdom.

YES fires do happen to what I consider the "best" of families.

I spent time with these moms during the initial FIRE and it was hot and overwhelming. The tears, sweat and pain are very real.

In our family we have used this material twice. My son and daughter both have had the initial devotion or we say (The serious talk from smokey bear) and then they sign a contract. I have a copy of the contract we use avaialable also. We update this contract when they mature and more freedom is permitted. If they break the contract things are removed from their lives. It has been working WONDERFULLY...SO FAR!

Our goal as a family is to enforce Godly standards to control unwanted behavior in a clear and effective way. Our contract communicates and provides clear communication for our family. It clearly outlines unwanted behavior, family values while keeping tension and arguments to a minimum. Our ultimate goal is to bring God glory thru our lives. When we sign a contract we aggree upon in UNITY what has been communicated. I can only hope that this helps us keep running smoothly with our aim to bring God the Glory. But remember our children will begin to make choices and our effective communication may help them in the future.

Listed below you will find 2 documents that will help you in the ever present dilemma of TEEN DATING and even MIDDLE SCHOOL drama! I hope it blesses you!


CONTRACT
1. To keep communicating about our family values on dating, relationships and physical contact.
     DEFINE FAMILY VALUES BELOW

      Example: BEN AT AGE 11 6th GRADE NO DATING or GOING OUT also limited time on computer

      and cell phone. (these will change in the future and be updated, create your own guidelines for your  
      family.)
 
2.I agree that traps are hidden from me and I will RESPECT that my parents want to be my guide
   to identify warning signs.
  
3. I understand that I have to reach a maturity level before I am granted the privilege of dating.
   Responsible, trustworthy, shows respect for others, displays self-control, and WILLINGLY
   FOLLOWS GUIDELINES SET BY PARENTS.
  
4. I will protect my body 1 Corinthians 6: 19-20, Flee from immorality 1 Corinthians 6:18.
    I understand my parents want my pre teen years to be a time of learning how to think through
    things and make WISE decisions.
 
5.I will try with only the help of the HOLY SPIRIT to honor and obey my parents to do what is
  right, This is honoring and pleasing to God.
 
6. I BELIEVE God has a huge plan for my life! And The enemy is out to get me on my trail.
    BUT I CHOOSE to do what is right even when it is hard or uncool. 
 
    We love you (name) _________ and Together we ask God to help us obey this contract
   

    ALL SIGN BELOW AND COME INTO AGREEMENT
 
    ____________________________
    ____________________________
    _____________________________

 
FOREST FIRES


1. What is Smokey Bears slogan?
“Only YOU can prevent forest fires” This is the same with sparks in guy/gir relationships. These sparks   

  can grow and turn into fires that damage you and others. It will be your responsibility to NOT light the     sparks that can start forest fires in your relationships.

2. When a match is lit to a piece of paper, does it remain a spark? 
    (NO, it becomes a flame)


3. What happens when a piece of firewood is soaked in gasoline and touched with a burning piece of paper?
    It would not get smaller and go out. It would catch the wood on fire and become a Bigger fire.

4. What would happen if you took the burning log outside to an area of dry grass, leaves Or twigs? It would 
     create a forst fire.


 
 
 
GUY/GIRL RELATIONSHIPS


GOAL: To help our children formulate GODLY standards to
guy/girl relationships that will guide them in the future.
MEMORY VERSE: Flee the evil desires of youth, and pursue righteousness, faith, love ands peace, along with those who call on the Lord with a pure heart. 2 Timothy 2:22

FAMILY LESSON
Our children need to understand the connection between sparks that start forest fires and sparks that lead to physical passion.

Enforcing mature Godly standards to control unwanted behavior in a clear effective way. This is what is expected, once a contract is signed it is agreed upon in unity by both parties. This will help us all keep running smoothly with our aim to bring God all the Glory~
 
*Provides structure for the family
*clearly outlines unwanted behavior
*family values
*reduce tension and arguments
*bring God glory thru our lives
 
I respect that my parents LOVE me and want to keep me safe and on TRACK with Gods plan for my life. With this in mind, we all agree together on: