Monday, November 22, 2010

MERRY CHRISTMAS VS MERRY REALITY

November 23rd Reading

Good Morning friends! The days are getting closer to the holiday season. My mind is starting to get excited as I plan dinners, family events, Christmas shopping for all, decorations and more. However,
my husband and I seem  to war and fight more over the Christmas holiday than any other time of the year.

In today reading JAMES 4:1-2
"Where do wars and fights come from among you? Do they come from your DESIRES for pleasure that war in your members? Do you lust and do not have?

This verse provided a solution to my problems.

Last night before bed I examined our total amount in savings and then jotted a Christmas plan together....

The reality of everything I desired to buy came to a crashing halt this morning when my husband added more realities under my lists of desires. He ended his note by saying "MERRY CHRISTMAS VS MERRY REALITY"

I want you to know my husband is 100 percent right! He always is!
He is able to take Godly wisdom and compare to worldly wisdom. He then reasons, shares results and gives remedy's for the problems. In this case the solution lies with all my desires vs reality.

Like I said, last night I scribbled out a plan on paper. This morning I noticed my husband notes along side my plans and desires. He wanted to remind me of  some things......the Orthodontist bill for my sons braces, the bathroom and bedroom project we are completing in the basement, the tile and grout cleaning I desire for the kitchen and lastly the money we need to budget for our week long Boyne trip the day after Christmas.

WOW reality is what I needed this morning along my wish list.

My husband and I always get together and discuss our Christmas budget yearly and it never fails year after year we tend to have little wars and fights.
Nothing major friends, I love him to death and we are happily married so don't get scared when I say wars and fights! LOL every good marriage has them also.

My family  knows why we celebrate Christmas and my whole family truly wraps their hearts around the Birth of Jesus Christ. Its not about all the presents, decorations and food BUT sometimes I struggle with the reality of the worldly ways and they do tend to war against my members. I love buying things and giving them away!

Today I will ponder as I go do a little Christmas shopping with my mom the words my husband wrote....
MERRY CHRISTMAS VS MERRY REALITY.

I will make wiser choices today . God can give you great wisdom if you ask. Sometimes I need a reality check. Seriously friends, I laugh this morning when I think of all my wants and needs and then look at the reality of our savings. I am very selfish and self-centered at times. But God is growing me and I am not afraid to be real and admit my struggles.

I am thankful for a gentle and generous husband that speaks truth in love to me. He is always so organized and reasonable. Remember in today's reading it states that humility brings both peace and solutions.
If we submit to God ans resist the temptations the Lord will lift us up to see from His perspective. I need to be lifted high on His shoulders on certain days so I can see the REALITY of life.

We can find true JOY in Christmas. We all have different ares of struggles or problems. The key is the perspective. God allows for trials in such a way that we lack nothing in the end. But if we lack wisdom in a situation ask God, He always renews and creates and steadfast spirit.

I am asking God to help me to be wise this Holiday season

Merry Christmas vs Merry Reality,  what are your thoughts today?

Blessings,