Thursday, February 10, 2011

THE ORDINARY ORDAINED TO DO THE EXTRA-ORDINARY!

February 10th Reading

Today's Blog is personal but amazing in how Gods living Word confirms the activities in ones life.
 God is doing great NEW things in my life and I will share.
 I  blog daily on the scheduled reading which can be found above. I then offer a brief devotion about that a certain passage of scripture! My devotions are always in tune with what God is teaching in my personal circumstances. Well, I almost fell off my chair when I did today's reading  already knowing what was going to take place in my life in just 1 week.

God is perfect and His word is always confirming your situations and circumstances.

Bright and early this morning I sat in my sun room and opened the word. Leviticus chapters 8-10. This passage of scripture describes the ORDINATION of Aaron and his sons. This was the first time God performed an ordination ceremony for ministry in the Old Testament.
It contains such rich lessons for us today and confirms a spiritual marker that will take place in my life.

LEVITICUS 8:22-24 "He then presented the other ram, the ram for ordination, and Aaron and his sons laid their hands on its head. Moses slaughtered the ram and took some of its blood and put it on the lobe of Aaron's right ear, on the thumb of his right hand and the big toe of his right foot. Moses also brought Aaron's son forward and put some of the blood on the lobes of their right ears, on the thumbs of their right hands and on their big toes of their right feet. Then he sprinkled blood against the alter on all sides." 

Ok stay with me friends....Remember I said this provides rich lessons for today, I promise it will apply to your life to!
All the animal sacrifices done in the Old Testament are prophetic, foreshadowing the sacrifice of Jesus on the cross. God included all these different sacrifices at the first ordination service because each one illustrates a different facet or aspect of Jesus' work, the salvation we have through His blood.

The New Testament now proclaims "But you are a CHOSEN people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people belonging to God, that you may declare the praises of Him WHO CALLED YOU OUT of darkness and into His wonderful light." (1 Peter 2:9).

The ORDINATION that took place here in scripture was for a very specific purpose. To consecrate and SET APART Aaron for His priestly service. Moses took the blood of the offering and placed it on three parts of Aaron's body, his EAR, his right THUMB, and his big TOE.

The ear speaks of hearing and revelation. We must come attentive to the Holy Spirit. We cannot serve God without hearing revelation. The BLOOD OF JESUS friends enables us to receive revelations and gifts.
 The thumb or hand speaks of work or service to the Lord; there is much work for us to do. The blood of Jesus enables us to be productive persons in God's work.
The big toe or foot speaks of our walk, how we live our daily lives. As we live our daily lives through the blood of Jesus, God directs our steps, leading us into opportunities to share faith or receive blessings, even when we had not planned it.

Aaron's ear (which hears truth), the foot (which walks along the way) and the hand (Which accomplishes the things that define a man's life) are consecrated during this ceremony through the blood  so that He may know the WAY, the TRUTH and the LIFE in his experiences.

God has a calling on your life friend. He first wants to be in a relationship with you, then will direct  and define your life. Allow Him to touch your EAR, THUMB and TOE today!

A touch from God alters your senses!

This is my personal story....God has called me to ministry long ago. I have been searching, actively serving while learning about this calling for many years.
Just recently God has lined up my experiences with people and pastors  in which He placed in my life long ago when I first responded to the RELATIONSHIP with Jesus.
 Now I am responding to the calling that has been defined through the relationship.
The FREEDOM to respond to this calling has been a huge blessing this year. I am grateful to the chosen few that God has placed in my life to help move me along in this calling. God has opened a new effective door this year that will lead me to grow more in my calling and the call upon my life.

FEBRUARY 16th 2011, I will be dedicating myself to God as He Ordains and sets me apart for His service. Just like Aaron was ordained before his ministry took off, I will be gathering with an entire church assembly and standing with God in awe of the glory to come. I cannot thank my friends and family enough for supporting Gods activity in my life. I am also grateful for Bay Valley Christian Church and the partnership they will have with me!
Ministry is all over friends and I am so glad to be in many NEW great places this year!

God seen something in me....when I was lost, scared and empty.

Allow God to touch your life today. He wants you to be set apart in your families, parenting, schooling, careers, ministry and more.

I believe God is seeing something in you!

Blessings and Thank you, I will post pictures next week and share in this GREAT CELEBRATION!