Friday, February 11, 2011

The nerve of some people...

February 11th Reading

This has been a really crazy week.  If it could go wrong, it has, the devil has been rebuked several times in my life.  The harder I try the stronger he comes.  Jesus is on my side, but man alive the devil is no joke!  So many times this week it appeared that it would be a lovely peaceful day and then the devil rared his ugly face.  Do you ever have weeks, or days maybe, of just plain chaos?

Are some people in your life just under handed, rude, manipulative, or just plain jerks?  I have had my fair share of jerks lately.  Valuable lessons were learned this week, lessons that probably should have already been apparent to me, but being hard headed is often my biggest fault. 

Going to the pharmacy should be a fairly simple thing, but it just wasn't today!  All decency had left me standing at that counter and quite honestly, I wanted to snatch that woman across the counter and do rather unkind things to her if she spoke one more word out of line to me.  I realize that those are not the actions of a saved person, or even the thoughts of a good kind person.  Well I guess I am a jerk too!  I was only trying to do some shopping for my sons for a small valentines gift for them.  I did not intend on her chastising me over the intercom of the store, nor did I expect for the pharmacist to tell me to learn how to read, nor did I expect them to lose my CVS card.  It was the devil in full force, and I don't care what you say!  I have had a rough few days and my mind was made up that the devil would be rebuked and God was going to give me victory today.  Apparently the devil decided otherwise and my God had to remind him that He is in charge of my life.  

I KNOW the man that got out of his car as I was coming out to mine thought I was completely crazy.  I stood there with tears rolling down my cheeks rebuking the devil and that if he didn't stop messing with me it was going to be a problem.  I prayed loud enough for the Kroger customers to hear me that I really didn't want to go to jail for assault today nor did I want to act like a butt wipe with them in there at CVS, but seriously I needed a little slack.  I kid you not, I felt a feeling a peacefulness immediately, my tears dried up and I was calmed.  The joy of the Lord became my strength.  That man just stood there looking at me, I think he wanted to ask if I was okay, but there is a distinct possibility that my appearances mocked those of a homicidal maniac at that moment.  He just nodded and walked on into the store. 

THEN...

I got home and got a random email from a family member that after five months decides to speak to me again to tell me I am a jerk.  I am like really, seriously???  I said okay devil apparently you are not listening to me, you ARE rebuked in the name of Jesus Christ!!!!!!  You have no spot here and you are not welcomed, leave now!  Again I felt a sense of calmness, and since then life is okay.  I do not know what will come about this afternoon or evening but I do know that my God is powerful and has got my back.  I know that He is my comforter, supporter, friend, my all and He will never ever forsake me. 

I am so glad to have someone like that on my side, someone that never leaves, just picks me up and carries me in the bad patches.  I read the reading for today and saw that it spoke about Judas taking a few measly pieces of silver to turn Jesus over to the soldiers.  How sad!  Jesus couldn't even get a break so why do I think I am entitled to one?  I am no better than Jesus, so if He couldn't get a break then I don't need one either.  I just need my God and my ever praying friends to get me through.  I am so blessed to have people that care enough to pray for me and I am even more blessed to have a God that sees all, does all, provides all and protects all! 

I pray that you have a great weekend, but even if it gets off to a bad start, pray for God to protect you and to be there with you for every step of the way.  Pray for some mercy and love from Him.  He is the only thing that will ever get us through!  I am still smiling and still finding humor in the whole thing, have a great weekend!

Much love,
Kari