Wednesday, December 1, 2010

CAN YOU HEAR, SEE and TOUCH JOY?

December 1st Reading
Something was made so clear to me this morning.
 If I have personally heard from God, been touched by Him in my life and Seen Him with my own eyes working things for the good then my Joy should be FULL!

I have seen the word JOY everywhere the past month with the Christmas season in the air. We sing about being joyful and proclaim we have joy. But the reality is...some live in a personal darkness that is stealing the Joy from their lives. Christmas can become the most stressful season. I heard on the news today that Christmas Stress is causing CHRONIC PAIN in so many lives. Doctor visits and medication increases by 80% during the Holiday season.

This makes my heart so sad....

Jesus Christ came to us Christmas morning to DECLARE LIFE and manifest himself to us is real ways. He wants to personally touch our lives and hurts. Christ came that our JOY would increase and be full.
CHRIST came to bring us CHRISTMAS.

 I ponder the song that was sang in the Grinch movie called...Where are you Christmas?
the little girl goes on to say "Why can't I find you?"   "Why have you gone away?",   "Why can't I hear you?".  Her world is changing and rearranging she wonders if that means Christmas changes.

Our life is always going to change and rearrange but  "Christ is the same yesterday, today and forever!" Hebrews 13:8

In today's reading 1John 1-4 it tells us that fellowship with God expresses the most intimate kind of relationship. Joy would increase and our lives would be touched if we only knew Him better. He wants to be included in every activity, every conversation, every problem, and every thought. A very merry and joyful Christmas is built by sharing your life with God. A Joyful Christmas does not just show up on Christmas morning.

God wants to show up and bring you Christmas all year round. Today's reading declares that we can hear, see and be touched by Christ! Don't allow the realities of this world to rob your JOY. Press into Christ this Christmas and He will make your Joy full.

You cannot be JOYFUL until He makes your JOY FULL!

Point to Ponder: God is real, no matter how I feel

Question to Consider: How can I press into Christ and focus on His presence this Christmas?

Verse: 1 John 1:4 "Truly our fellowship is with is with the father and with His son Jesus Christ. And these things we write to you that your JOY MAY BE FULL."

I will be speaking in Waterford, Michigan area on December 11th at Fatih Baptist Church. I would love to see my friends that are in that area. Please visit http://www.hisfaith.net/ and order you inexpensive tickets! I will be speaking on JOY! Hope to see you

May your Joy be Full,