Monday, December 6, 2010

IS YOUR FRONT LOAD WASHER A BURDEN?

December 6th Reading
                                     

I have to honestly admit that in my college years I was scared to move forward in a deeper relationship with Christ. It meant that life would no longer be "FUN."

The world tempts us to believe that obeying God's commands is not as satisfying as disobeying them and we tend to agree with the world, at least I did! When I thought about God and His ways I felt that it pushed hard against my flesh, following Christ seemed very hard. However, my life for several years was so unstable it reminded me of my LARGE FRONT LOAD WASHER.

The pretty, red, large, front load washers come with so many great features that the average women is dreaming of what life would be like with a Bright Cherry washer! However, the reality is you do not spend that much money for an unstable washer that runs away all the time and better yet when  it's on the spin cycle it so powerful it sounds like a train is going through your house.

For the past year I have struggled and complained about this washer I dreamed of having and never experienced most of the great features. My husband and I have tried everything in our own wisdom and might to balance this washer so it would spin strong and firmly. I desired so bad for this washer to stand still and firm allowing nothing to move it!

Today was the day for change friends! Me and the pretty, red washer had a little chat this morning...
I also had a light bulb moment and decided to read and study the owners manual. This is why my blog is posted later today, I needed to take focus and take action.

This washer is beautiful and it was costly but the burden of an unstable, extremely loud washer was more then I could handle. After a year of dealing with the same situation day after day it just blew up this morning!

Taking the time to read a manual and study all the great features seemed like to much work for me, it was a real BURDEN. I would  just push the "normal wash" cycle button and let it run its course. I would always choose the low spin cycle thinking this would help with the spin cycle. It never did, the washer would run across my floor!
Today... I found something TUCKED in the owners manual that read "Hold the "stain sensor" button for 3 seconds before the wash cycle begins and it will allow for less vibration during the spin cycle."
 WOW, who would have thought that the stain feature was going to help my spin sensor to activate? A little hidden piece of information tucked into the manual has made my reality so much better today. I have washed 2 loads and seem to be on to something good. I also found many other secrets tucked in this manual that will help me to have a balanced washer!

This whole stressful situation reminded me of something today after I did my morning reading...
 1 John 5: 3 " For this is the Love of God, that we keep His commandments. And His commandments are not BURDENSOME."


Like I stated earlier, following Christ and His manual seemed burdensome to me at the moment But if you look at things from His perspective you'll see how much He loves you and desires for you to experience His joy.

 God wants us to stand firm and for nothing to move us.

 However the realities that we all face in our daily lives can be very hard. The real burden is  the consequences we face when our sinful deeds and pride takes over and we do not look to His commands to lead, guide and direct us.

It took me a year before I decided to sit down and  read the owners manual for this washer. How often do I rush around burdened with the realities of my life and not look to the Perfect manual for direction. Gods word is full of secrets that will help bring our life into a balance before it spins out of control! 
I remember a specific point in my life when everything was spinning out of control and I had no balance. It was then I decided to take an honest look at the owners manual.

Gods word seemed difficult at times and it would push against my flesh but through Christ I could joyfully do what He asked through  His strength.

 Christ did not pay the ultimate price to give us an unbalanced life.

 God never intended us to be stuck spinning out of control.

 Jesus came to bring us eternal life to keep our life running smooth.

When the Angel of the Lord came to Mary, he reminded her that "Nothing would be impossible with God."
 Christ came to bring possibility into our reality.

 I am thankful that God's word has not become a burden but a Joy. Christ has supernaturally strengthened me and taught me what to activate in the owners manual to help my present day reality.

I had to make a choice to READ the Owners manual.

Do you ever feel like your life is spinning out of control?
Does the Christmas season leave you feeling more unbalanced and hurt?
Do you feel like Gods word is more burdensome then joyful?

I want to promise you today that God has JOY and POSSIBILITY for your current REALITY.

 He taught me through my unstable crazy washer that we just need to take the time and allow Gods truth to activate new perspectives and show us how to push new buttons. I promise His word (the owners manual) will settle your life to a place of firmness and joy, nothing will move you my friend.

Pull out the owners manual today!

Merry Christmas,