Monday, December 27, 2010

Did you Know God said "HO" "HO" "HO" !

Dec 27: Zech 1-4; Rev 18

I hope all my friends and family had a Merry Christmas!

Now that the hustle and bustle of the holiday is over my family left yesterday to take a vacation to Boyne Mountain to snowboard and ski for one week! This is always a special time for us as we prepare to enter into a NEW YEAR!

Before I get ready to strap on my snowboard and hit the slopes for the day, I poured my cup of coffee and sweetly asked God to show me something to share today to all my Bloggy friends!

I must admit I chuckled when I came past the words in Zechariah 2: 6 "HO, HO, come forth and flee from the land of the north."
 I feel like I have been a busy elf living in the scenery of the North Pole for the last month preparing to make everyone's Christmas extra special. God was speaking to me saying "Come out of the North"
As I sat and pondered some more...I was reminded of something really neat.

In this verse God was speaking to the Jewish people and He arrived to them like a personal Santa Clause,  saying "HO, HO, come out of your personal prisons because I want to perform my promises to you and gather you."  God wanted to bless them and take care of them with His special gifts!

Something was stirred in my heart after I pondered this one verse. Today many sit after the excitement of the holiday and remain in their personal prisons. Wishing Santa answered their wish lists for Christmas.

Santa received many letters this season...

Santa, I want to ask you to help us...Daddy has been really mean since mommy died.

Dear Santa, I want someone to love me, can you find that for me?

Santa, I want my mommy to feel better

Santa, I want my husband to LOVE me

Dear Santa, I want happiness in my family

Dear Santa, I need a job 

So many write letters to Santa during the holiday season BELIEVING that he has all kinds of power and promises stuffed in his big red bag. Children believe he has the power to restore families, help daddy quit drinking and fighting and bring peace to a hurt home. Santa Letters are very real...

I love to pretend and make believe that Santa is real! As a matter of fact I even sat on his lap this year. But with the hustle and bustle of Christmas, Santa comes and goes so quickly, leaving some wish lists unanswered.

I want to show you something REALLY AMAZING THIS MORNING and I hope that it stirs your heart to BELIEVE in the real Santa this new year!

Santa clause and Jesus Christ have almost EVERYTHING in common...

1. Another name for Santa Clause is "Kris Kringle" this means THE CHRIST CHILD in a German term.

2. They both are suppose to know everything.
     Santa knows whether you have been bad or good. He knows where you lived and if you moved. 
     Jesus Christ knows everything and knows all men and all things. John 2:24

3. Both are everywhere
    Santa is in walmart, target and every mall at the same time! How does he do that? He can be in 
    several places at the same time! Well guess what...Jesus Christ has the same ability!

4. Both sit on a throne
    Santa always sits on a throne like a king! Did u ever see Santa on a regular chair?
    Jesus Christ also sits on a throne in heaven. Acts 2:30

I LOVE THIS ONE!!!

5. They both say HO! HO! HO!
     God the father says "HO, HO" several times in scripture...that is what caught my attention in the 
     first place this morning!

6. Both bring Gifts
    My kids went to bed Christmas Eve with excitement of Santa's delivery in the night. He slides in like 
    a thief in the night. Jesus Christ will come as a thief in the night...read Revelations 3:3 and 16:15.

7. Both are ETERNAL
    When was Santa born? when will he die? when was the last time he missed Christmas because he 
    was ill?
    Jesus Christ is ETERNAL...Revelations 1:18 "I am He that liveth, and was dead;  behold, I am 
    alive for evermore, Amen.

Is this all a coincidence? NOT AT ALL... I just think its Gods way of reminding us that HE is the REAL SANTA CLAUSE.
 It is so important that we do not let Santa take away the power from the Savior!
Have fun, exchange presents, Believe Big during the Christmas season BUT remember that the first gift ever was wrapped in swaddling blankets in a manger!
Put the focus on the SAVIOR.

Christmas is not over in one day it lives on in your heart. If Christ is your savior and lives in your heart He will teach you to seek Gods will and HIS WILL answers all your greatest desires in your Santa letters!

Will this be a goal for you in the NEW YEAR? to write down your visions and desires to the REAL SANTA! He has your plan all figured out in HIS red bag!

Blessings as we prepare for the NEW YEAR together
I am off to snowboard folks...pictures will come, I  promise!