Friday, December 10, 2010

Can you even imagine?

December 10th Reading

What if God came to you and said go marry a prostitute?  As if!

Today's reading literally had me laughing as I read it.  No, I do not think God's word is a joke!  I was just sitting there thinking about my husband when I read it.  It says that the Lord told Hosea to go marry a promiscuous woman, which could mean she was a prostitute or even a woman that just keeps having affairs.

Think about your husband or boyfriend or an important man in your life for a minute.  If you are a man, sit and think about yourself for a minute.

Now, here is this man that you are thinking of (or yourself if you are a man reading this) just living his life.  The Lord comes down and says, "hey go marry a promiscuous woman AND have children with her."  I can see right now the look my husband's face.  He would have that expression, "are you crazy?"  Hosea was probably thinking wow, really, seriously?  However, he went and married a promiscuous woman and had the children that the Lord commanded him to do.  That is some blind faith!

I could not imagine being a man and being told to do something like this.  I have thought of things in my life that I have done that were probably unpleasing to the Lord, well not probably, they were unpleasing!  So why would it be so hard to do something "crazy" or "wild" or "extreme" for God?  Maybe we should all take those giant leaps of faith and step out in faith and really truly serve God???

Granted, God was making a point about disciplining Israel, but He still used real people in real situations.  I know that God has used me to make some points. I know that God will continue to use me, and quite frankly I am really excited about it.  I have taken some giant leaps lately and really stepped out in my faith.  It is so AWESOME!!! I am once again excited about God, I never ever stopped believing in Him or His vast power.  I did lose my enthusiasm though, I had gone through so much that was my own fault, I was really feeling inadequate or unworthy of His love and grace.  The thing about it is, that is when He was there for me the most, he had all these people right in front of me all along that needed someone just like me!  They were praying for a go getter, a make it happen kind of gal, and all along I was sitting there letting life pass me by.

Well guess what people...I am holding on to the very corner tip tail of my heavenly Father's robe and flying through life with more passion, more gusto, more grace, more love, more enthusiasm then ever before.  And it feels GREAT!  When you get saved, you are so amped up on the Holy Spirit, then for some people we don't stay as involved as we should so we get bored and because we are not feeding that Holy Spirit in us, it dwindles down.  Just like my bottomless pits, I mean sons, no really I mean bottomless pit children eat from the time they get home from school until I make them go to bed at night, I have to feed my bottomless pit too!  I have to keep filling my heart and soul with the truth and then my light gets brighter and brighter.  I am as excited, or probably more so, to be serving God and doing things for other people to experience Him then I was when I accepted Jesus Christ into my heart.

No I am not a fanatic, I am just filled up, to the point of overflowing with the Holy Spirit.  This is a complete adrenaline rush for me.  My kids love it, my husband thinks I have completely lost my mind, but it is so fun.  I was sitting there peeling almost 30 hard boiled eggs for our woman's conference yesterday singing, and my husband said, "Kari you hate peeling eggs, but not only are doing it, you are singing too?"  I said, "yes dear, its fun!"  He rolled his eyes and kept walking.  Typically he is my egg peeler, but I was just happy to be doing SOMETHING to serve the Lord, so yes for that day peeling eggs was serving the Lord.  I have to make sure that these ladies have something to eat when they come and hear a great message.

You do not have to be super skilled, or super smart, or super anything.  God will use YOU however He sees fit, you just have to open and available and see where you can get in.  God will make it happen for you!  Have the kind of faith Hosea had and just be ready to do whatever God asks you or calls you to do.  You could be the one to help change the world!!!

I urge you to be available for God, make some time for Him in your life, sure I have 900 other things I should be doing, but whatever, I have my priorities straight and God is first, then the hubby and then the bottomless pits, I mean sons.

Find a way to do something to help others feel that same overflow you do, or once did.  If you have never accepted Jesus Christ as your personal savior, contact me or Heather or someone TODAY!!!

Much love,
Kari