Tuesday, February 14, 2012

LOVE IS A SHELTER

I read something in our Marriage group last night that is ringing in my heart even louder this Valentines Day.






"LOVE is not a place, to come and go as we please, it is a house we enter, and then commit to never leave, so lock the door behind you, throw away the key, we'll work it out together, let it bring us to our  knees."

(many walk away from the marriage to soon without even learning to LOVE and fight for that true love.)

This statement does not pertain to those individual being hurt or abused in their marriage. God Loves you to much to lock yourself up in the pain and never leave.

Love may look like a struggle and war for you today! I encourage you to keep the faith and keep fighting!

God has called us to LOVE deeper and beyond a romantic holiday.

LOVE is not a fight, but it's something worth fighting for.

LOVE comes in four ways says CS LEWIS in his book called "The Four Loves”.
He speaks of the four different kinds of love; Storage (affection/fondness between family or acquaintances), Phileo (friendship), Eros (intimate/romantic) and Agape (the love of God).

These four loves are all beautiful expressions of who we are as humans. So it bugs me a bit when a day like February 14th elevates LOVE to a separated status and makes all those who don’t have a ring on their finger feel like they are in the 2nd class club or are missing out.

I’m a huge fan of romance and falling in love, don’t get me wrong! But the desire for jewelry, roses or a romantic dinner may not be your reality of how God is going to display His love towards you today.

Today many feel they have fallen out of LOVE due to a loss, hurt or separation. This Hallmark holiday has a way of pouring salt on an open wound.

We live in a world where "Happily ever after does not always come true."

I want to encourage you to feel Gods love  today in a very unique way. Allow God to show you His love for your specific situation.

I have seen and felt the hurt of many people up close and personal in the last 48 hours. Valentines day for them is experiencing the one and only "true Love" that is given through Jesus Christ. 

Is your marriage struggling?(I met him last night)

Are you in an Abusive situation?(I met her today)

Did you loose your loved one?(I met her last week)

Is your love one suffering due to sickness or addiction? (I talked to her this morning)

This is the reality for many today.

Let us look for these situation and extend our Love past the holiday and into the lives of those hurting. That is a true box of chocolates if you ask me!

I want to remind you today friends that you have a purpose and a great plan

Allow Gods love through Christ Jesus to make you WHOLE!


When we have experienced this transformation it drives us to love the hurting, the different and the ones less fortunate.


Christs LOVE will enable you to LOVE the ones that have hurt you personally.


I have experienced this transformation and I know that's why I have a heart to love others that hurt due to a betrayal in their lives.


BETRAYAL HURTS the heart and FORGIVENESS does not come easy.


Gods love is powerful and covers a multitude of sins. Allow God to COVER you with His love and then show you how to COVER the sins of others with a DIVINE LOVE.


Have a great Valentines day friends and I pray you experience Gods LOVE personally, permanently and without partiality!


Like I said it's the BEST box of chocolate and the sweetest you'll ever taste!


"TASTE AND SEE THAT THE LORD IS GOOD..." Psalm 34:8