Monday, February 20, 2012

DECISIONS AND CONSEQUENCES

FEBRUARY 20 DAILY BIBLE READING

Today's reading in Leviticus was very Black and White. Cut Dry and to the point.
I highly encourage you to read these two chapters and soak in the tone of how serious God is with our decisions and choices on a daily basis.


Over and over in today's reading it stated "If you".
Scripture explained the choice and then described the outcome or consequences based on how you respond.


I loved this picture its a great example of what scripture is teaching us today.


Leviticus 26:3-5
‘If you follow my decrees and are careful to obey my commands, 4 I will send you rain in its season, and the ground will yield its crops and the trees their fruit. 5 Your threshing will continue until grape harvest and the grape harvest will continue until planting, and you will eat all the food you want and live in safety in your land. "

Leviticus 26:14-17
‘But if you will not listen to me and carry out all these commands, 15 and if you reject my decrees and abhor my laws and fail to carry out all my commands and so violate my covenant, 16 then I will do this to you: I will bring on you sudden terror, waste diseases and fever that will destroy your sight and sap your strength. You will plant seed in vain, because your enemies will eat it. 17 I will set my face against you so that you will be defeated by your enemies; those who hate you will rule over you, and you will flee even when no one is pursuing you."

Every decision has consequences. We decide how we will respond to people. We decide how large to make a budget and what to spend. We decide which values are worth going to the mat for. We decide
to sow and reap on a daily basis.


Toward the end of Leviticus, God lists the blessings He offers to those who obey Him and the punishment  they'll receive for disobedient. God, the ultimate leader, clearly outlines the consequences for His people's choices.

"IF YOU" FAIL TO MAKE GOOD DECISIONS...

1. You lack commitment
2. Suffer from scattered focus (oh no, that me so many times)
3. Look for excuses
4. Forget the BIG PICTURE
5. Go public with private thoughts
6. Adopt the motto "Thats good enough"
7. Don't take Gods direction seriously
8. Behave inconsistently
9. Crave poor relationships
10, Avoid Change


OK how many can you honestly mark down from the above list?
I can pick out about 5 that I fail in.

Lets allow God to refocus us today, I encourage to write a PLAN, PRAISE and PRAYER on today's daily devotion.

Allow God to change your heart.

Blessings,