Monday, January 9, 2012

4 CORE VALUES WE SHOULD HAVE

JANUARY 9 MONDAY READING

HAPPY MONDAY FRIENDS!



Today is the first day back into the swing of things for the Baxter family! We had such a great relaxing Christmas break. I must submit to the word routine again! I am not much of a routine type girl, something I am working on changing this New Year with the Lords help.


I have been visiting many BLOGS that I love and that inspire me in my planning, marriage, homemaking, bible tools and more. I want to share this amazing blog: WOMEN LIVING WELL MINISTRIES!  If you get a chance grab a cup of coffee and enjoy. I know I have many men that read my blogs so this one may not be for you!

Today I did my daily reading and zoomed in on MATTHEW CHAPTER 7.

If you are following my daily readings, just a reminder that I read the whole portion for today and then zoom in on a passage that is speaking to me in my season. I then apply that passage in my journal through PRAISE, PRAYER and a PLAN. I encourage you to grab a journal and begin to apply scripture into your life.

Remember a consistent investment over a long period of time will make a huge impact! Make daily bible reading a priority.

Matthew chapter 7 spotlights Jesus' major emphasis on certain values. Listed below are 4 core values I seen in Chapter 7.

1. Judge yourself BEFORE others 7:1-6

2. If you need anything ask God; if you have something, give it  7:7-12

3. STAY TRUE TO YOUR CONVICTIONS; DON'T 
   WANDER FROM THE NARROW PATH. 7:13-20

4. Obedience to God is the only sure foundation for 
   life  7:21-27

Today the area of true convictions spoke to me. It states that we need to enter by the narrow gate for broad is the way that leads to destruction. Many times I take the broader way in decisions that I make.
Our flesh and the spirit of God war against each other daily.
 Without the renewing of Gods word, many times I fall into my temptations and strongholds which is the broader way! Today I am reminded that I have a choice daily to take certain paths.

My Journal entry looks like this:

PRAISE: That I did my daily reading before all my housework! lol!

PLAN: To feed my spirit daily and stay consistent. I have a hard time with consistency and I am working on this area.

PRAYER: Dear Jesus, Please help us all with the core values you have showed us today in your word.Help us pursue these values so we may live a life of full JOY and HAPPINESS. Help me in the area of the narrow and broader path, may I make the better choice to please you.


Please grab your journal and begin to apply scripture to your life. What jumped out to you in Matthew Chapter 7?

Blessings,