Wednesday, January 18, 2012

THE POWER OF YOUR WORDS

WORDS 
         WORDS 
                  WORDS


WORDS: CARRY A THOUGHT AND SHAPE A DESTINY!


Jesus teaches us about words and our communication in Matthew 12:33-37.

Our words carry the power of life or death.

Lets look together at 5 areas of communication

1. WORDS transmit power
In Matt 12:33-37 it tells us the power our words have.
It also explains that we will have to give an account someday for the words we speak.
Remember that God shaped the universe through words. He performed miracles through the use of His words.
God has now created us to accomplish things by wise use of our words.

What is your language like around others?
Power goes out when you speak whether good or bad.

2. WORDS reveal our character
In Matt 12:33-35 it states how the good man and the evil man speaks. 
I  do not want to consider myself evil however, I will be honest. I speak harsh words sometimes with my kids. I tend to be very critical about things and feel very bad after I have spoken.
This is a huge indicator that I need to ask God to help renew my heart and forgive me of my words. I then ask my children for forgiveness.
I was raised in a very critical family and words did more harm then good.
This is an area today in my christian walk that I struggle with.
It helps me to remember daily that: Our words shape our children's destiny daily!
 "For out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks"

3. WORDS determine our reward or 
    judgement.
Matthew 12:36-37
This is to the point in scripture: We will be held responsible in the end for our words.

4. WORDS produce fruit.
Matthew 12:33 says we can either make a tree have good fruit or bad fruit. 
We have huge influence in the way our childs tree grows based on our words!
Our Children are SHAPED by our words and deserve Gods best!

5. WORDS shape anothers destiny
Take time and pray about your words this week. Then go a step further and watch how you communicate with others. If you need to apologize for harsh words, I encourage you to do so right at that time. God will begin to help you in your communication!