Friday, August 5, 2011

GPS......GOD'S POSITIONING SYSTEM





TODAY'S FOCUS VERSES:

5 Those who live according to the flesh have their minds set on what the flesh desires; but those who live in accordance with the Spirit have their minds set on what the Spirit desires. 6 The mind governed by the flesh is death, but the mind governed by the Spirit is life and peace. 



Two words that keep popping up in the verse above are:

FLESH


SPIRIT

The two are at war with each other and this war takes place inside each individual.

The FLESH is our life without the spirit of God.

The SPIRIT-filled life is a life navigated by God.

In the verse above it clearly states the mind of the flesh brings death and the mind directed by the spirit brings life and peace!

A great way to understand this in the most practical and real way is by taking a look at the function of a GPS system. I use my GPS on a regular basis when traveling. I am given turn by turn directions and when I miss that turn my GPS tells me over and over that it's rerouting.


God is always at work around us whether you agree or not, He desires to be our GPS.


God has a life full of peace and purpose. The spirit of God will navigate you turn by turn. When we are not paying attention and miss the turn the spirit will reroute us. God knows the ultimate destination that He intends for you and your family to reach.

We need to depend on God turn by turn, day by day.

He knows whats coming next and can see around all the corners. He knows what you will need and will insure your path includes everything that's necessary. He can tell you if your moving at the right pace and will inform you if you get off track.

Yes, my friend He wants to be that real in your life. The accidents that become fatal are the ones that never included God.

The Holy Spirit directs me like a GPS device.

 I can't remain on the right path day by day if I zoom out too much and try to see God's entire plan for my life.

 The big picture is fine but unless I do what I need to do now it wouldn't matter what the big picture says. In addition, if I could figure out my entire life's plan on my own I would not need any directions.

 What about you? Has God given you a glimpse of your future and you're frustrating yourself trying to figure out your own way to get there?
Why not zoom in on God's turn by turn directions and trust that if you do what He wants right now you'll get to your final destination.

God knows the big picture so if you trust Him, you can focus your attention on what you must do next.

Long before scientists developed this unique tool for navigation, God gave us His own unique tool for spiritual navigation. We might call it a “God’s Positioning System”. It helps believers find their way through life with confidence. It helps them to know what God wants them to do each and every day. While many people sometimes struggle with knowing God’s will for their life, that struggle is unnecessary if they will just rely on God’s Positioning System.



The Word of God is a great way to win that war with the flesh. God tells us that we should not be conformed to this world but to be transformed by the renewing of our minds to that which is good, acceptable and the perfect will of God.
Romans 12:1

I pray today's post reminds you that God has a plan and pushes you to want that relationship with His spirit.

Blessings,