Friday, August 12, 2011

THE BIG ASK

AUGUST 12TH DAILY READING "CLICK HERE"



After spending the past few weeks touching on Paul's teaching about the beliefs in the book of Romans, today we shift gears in Romans 12. The first eleven chapters of Romans have provided us with a basis for our belief. I encourage you to go back and read Romans 1-11 if you have not done so. In those first eleven chapters it tells you what you are to believe in, how you belong and what you  become.
When I was in bible school the book of Romans was known as the study of helping us see humankind's needs because of our fallen human state.
Today we will look at Romans 12 and from this point till the end of the book it will supply a basis for our BEHAVIOR.
I plead with you today friends, based on God's mercy, to lovingly surrender.
But you may ASK how?
Let me share four ways that we should respond to God.

I know this is going to be a TALL request. That is why I titled this blog THE BIG ASK!
I love to connect as I teach and speak. My goal is to touch your heart with the TRUTH in a BIG way and then pray you respond in a BIG way.

Lets zoom in on only Romans 12:1-2 and see four ways God is urging us to RESPOND.

 1 Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies a
 living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God—this is your true and proper worship. 2 Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.

See I told you this was a BIG ASK


I memorized this scripture by heart years ago and kept it on a index card in my pocket until I could say it without looking.
I say it almost daily over my life.
However, I struggle  with this verse because it's a tall request but in this verse it  clearly states that God has a good, perfect and acceptable will for our lives and guess what?
 I really want that perfect plan so it's worth the struggle.

  Take a look at one of my post from this week on
GODS NAVIGATION SYSTEM  and this will convince you that God will help you with the TALL REQUEST in today's key verse.

FOUR WAYS WE NEED TO RESPOND TO GOD

1. PRESENTATION:We are to present our bodies to God as living sacrifices.(v.1)
I told you this was hard!

2. SEPARATION: We are to avoid conforming to the world's ways(v.2)
 It also tells us in today's reading to CLING to what is good.

3. TRANSFORMATION: We are to renew our minds and thus change our lives. (v.2.)
It also tells us today in Romans 12:16 "to be of the same MIND toward one another" I found that clinging to friends with the same mind towards God helps me in my everyday walk.

4. DEMONSTRATION: We are to prove we belong to God by doing His Will (v.2)
It also tells us in today's reading to not lag in diligence.

DILIGENCE= Constant and earnest effort to accomplish what is undertaken. Persistent with mind and body. The degree of care and caution.

God wants to maximize our lives but it all depends on our diligence, behavior and response to the Big Ask.

Today I seek God with my heart and ask Him to help me in the midst of any hardships to continue to be DILIGENT with His requests.

If you have any questions feel free to email me

I am working on a study that I will be teaching at NORTHRIDGE IN PLYMOUTH, MICHIGAN  this fall. I will be providing it on this site so be looking as fall approaches, I would love for you to join me and many others.

BTW if you are in the area and looking for a GREAT church come try Northridge! over 20,000 have discovered how amazing God is in this place!