Monday, March 24, 2014

The Woman who wanted MORE!


                 I WANT MORE, MORE, MORE!

Lets meet a lady in scripture that asked for...MORE!
First off I want to admit that I can totally relate with this lady on a couple levels.
I am a gal who wants more, more and more! Just sayin!
Maybe not always the spiritual wants but often the temporary worldly wants. This is one reason I stay away from my local Hobby Lobby or Pier One Imports!  

Just the other day I journaled something in regards to a spiritual desire that I have wanted to ask my heavenly father for. I want more of something.... I know I  needed to be bold  and specific about these desires that I was having. I will be honest my mind had more negative chatter to why it may not come to pass or why I should not ask and that held me hostage.

 BUT GET THIS.....God is so good

Our church service yesterday spoke about Gods word being true and alive. CLICK HERE to watch this incrediable service!
 Toward the end of this powerful service on God's Word,  Pastor Brad paused as we listened to the song "Word of God speak" the song ministered the truth that Gods word speaks to us!

This morning I got up and did my daily bible reading... Please click on this link Daily Bible Plan and find today's date. I follow this plan and often have a journal close by to jot some connections or thoughts down. This is a great way to get yourself into the Word during the week on your own.

I opened up to Joshua 15.  I was then introduced to a women named Achsah.

ACSAH= means a bangle or anklet, Adorned or Bursting Veil.

Honestly, I am a student of the word and have studied many, many women of the bible but  this one I have not come across. Achsah was the daughter of Caleb, prince of the tribe of Judah. She was the only girl in the family and had three brothers. 
Let me give you a few more details then I will show you how God used her to speak to my current situation. I hope this real example will help you understand how God is real and practical in your life through the stories of the bible that He will make ALIVE today!

The story of Achsah is told in charming and picturesque detail in the above Scripture. Her father promised her in marriage to the gallant man who was able to capture Debir  which means, “The City of the Book.” The feat was accomplished by Othniel, and Caleb gave to his daughter, as a dowry, a portion of the south land.

Not satisfied, she wanted (more) springs of water to irrigate her fields, so Caleb gave her the upper springs and the nether springs.

 Although, as a Jewess, Achsah looked for great things through faith in God’s promise of the land, ( I love this about her) her request for an addition to the generous dowry already bestowed, reveals an element of covetousness in her disposition.

She displays a bit of discontent!

Not content with the noble present her father Caleb had given her, she urged Othniel her husband to make a further request, but reading between the lines of the story it would seem as if he felt it ungracious to ask for more.

Thus Achsah, who had not learned to be content with what she had (Hebrews 13:5), approached her father with a significant word, “Give me also.

Solomon reminds us that the human heart is like the horseleech whose two daughters never have enough, and bear the names of Give, Give (Proverbs 30:15). There is, of course, a divine discontent all of us should foster.

 Dissatisfied with our growth in sanctity of life we should constantly pray, “More holiness give me,” and as the bride’s father graciously granted his daughter’s request, so our Heavenly Father will answer our yearning for the life more abundant.

Caleb gave Achsah the springs of water she desired, and in the upper and nether springs we have a type of the spiritual and temporal mercies from our Father above. As heirs of the promise, His children can humbly and confidently ask and expect great blessings from His generous hand.

 Both upper, or heavenly provision, and nether, or earthly necessities come from Him in whom are all our springs. At times it seems as if the “nether springs” dry up, as Job experienced when the Lord took away so many of his earthly possessions and pleasures.
But the “upper springs” never run dry for, like those Achsah received, they flow from the everlasting hills. “The river of water of life flowing out of the throne of God and of the Lamb” cannot fail. When the waters of earth fail, we have a reservoir above, never impoverished by drought.

I learned from Acsah that I can and should approach my heavenly father BOLDLY. He knows what I need and want  before I ask, but HE wants us to come to Him in prayer. We should be BOLD and SPECIFIC about what we need.

When God gives us a place to live and work or serve, its all right to also ask for what we need to NOURISH it, to cause better growth. Not only will our Father GIVE us what we ask for in His way, but He will also give abundantly Ephesians 3:20!

Do we confidently approach our heavenly father and ask Him  to equip us to do His will?

The Lord wants you to be a well-watered garden, like a spring whose waters never fail! Isaiah 58:11

The word spoke to me today reminding me of thoughts I had the other day in regards to my future and some personal desires.

God reminded me through Achsah to ASK BOLDLY and BELIEVE.

 If its according to His will and desires He will answer.
Remember God is the one who puts the spiritual desires in us anyway!

Acsah is a picture of the true successful pleader with our heavenly father in heaven. She saw that the land her father gave her would be of very little use to her and her husband because it needed water springs. This was a big deal back then. So Acsah goes to her father and request "Give me also springs of water." She proved that by asking she was able to receive the springs needed for enjoyment of the land.

Are there areas of your life that deter you from enjoyment of the land? Remember the possessions itself cannot be spoiled but the appreciation and pleasure can.

May the SPRINGS of Gods word make you alive and well again today.

God will give you what you need in your season and for your land. Your land is an illustration of your story and everything that exist within your territory. God wants to bless your home, relationships, finances and ministry desires. The way He provides for us is perfect in everyway.

Its ok to ask Him Boldly about specific areas!

Read John 4:13-14 What did Jesus promise those who DRINK from the water He gives?

Read Hebrews 4:13-16 where can you go boldly or confidently and why? what do we receive? is this how you pray?

Blessings and may God's word be ALIVE with you today!

Follow this reading plan for the rest of the week! Daily Reading Plan