Wednesday, March 7, 2012

HAVE YOU BEEN RESCUED?

The GIFT of RESCUE:EXODUS 12:21-30

I encourage you to click on the link above and read today's bible reading. LINGER in His word and then go LIVE the word for today!

                 And so we pulled another tag from
                 our Easter basket of devotions and then placed it on
                 the tree...





WHAT IS THE GIFT OF RESCUE?

In today's bible reading we read about the FIRST passover.

Passover is a memorial of an actual event that occurred long ago in Egypt.

Passover and the Feast of Unleavened Bread are also shadows of events to occur later in the New Testament. What Yahshua(Jesus) did by becoming the Passover Lamb was fulfilled only in part.
He spoke of a yet another fulfillment of Passover in the future.
 Throughout history we see the importance of this special observance. From ancient days to the Kingdom, the Passover is key to Yahweh’s blueprint for salvation of His creation...
                                          (YOU AND ME)
 When the Egyptian firstborn from every house died, Yahweh sent a clear message of obedience to all of mankind. It was the firstborn that got twice the family inheritance, which was known as the birthright.

With the death of Egyptian firstborn, Yahweh dramatically demonstrated that those not covered by the blood of the lamb will have no life or inheritance in the Heavenly Father’s Kingdom.

The connection with the Passover is more than circumstantial.

The Son was sent to earth to take human flesh - to live perfectly in the stead of imperfect humanity. He carried our weaknesses in himself, resisting temptation to depart from his chosen path.

 He came *knowing* not only that he would die
on our behalf, but *choosing* so to do. His death came during the time of Passover in Judah, as the children of Abraham praised God for his deliverance of his people from Egypt, the land of bondage.

As the people in Jerusalem were remembering the lambs' blood painted over their forefathers' doors, the ultimate Passover Lamb was being prepared for the slaughter. His blood would be painted over sinful humanity, and all who
believed that the death of Jesus brought the final deliverance from their sins would become heirs of new life in his resurrection from the dead.

The Passover was the defining moment in the life of the Covenant people Israel. It was God calling them out of slavery and into his family.
The other lesson we learn is that we are covered by that blood only if we follow Yahweh’s instructions explicitly.

If anyone in Israel had not done exactly as Yahweh commanded, not putting the blood on the top of the doorpost but only on the sides, for instance, he would have faced the same consequences as the Egyptians.

Yahweh had to see the blood on the lintel, as well as on the doorposts, Exodus 12:23. The entire door frame had to have a blood covering, symbolic of a complete protection from death by the blood of the lamb.

We lingered on this during our family devotion:

For us, it means that if we aren’t totally covered by the blood of Messiah, we face everlasting death. 

Upon our salvation we have painted our temples "our bodies" with Jesus' blood so that Satan cannot enter into this soul place to wreck ruin and death, but that Jesus would come through the door of our heart so we could have HOPE and exercise His presence through the Holy Spirit now living inside.

WE HAVE BEEN RESCUED!

PASSED OVER!

TAKE THIS EASTER SEASON TO BOW DOWN AND WORSHIP YOUR SAVIOR

As a family we have been challenged to live out this devotion by wearing a necklace, bracelet, red shirt or some visible reminder that we have chosen to clothe the lintels of our soul in Jesus' salvation. Because of the blood and the cross of Christ, we are PASSED OVER and we live and will live to Worship God forever.

I asked my youngest daughter today as I dropped her off at school what she chose to wear today to be her visible reminder... she showed me her big bracelet with a RED heart!

Have you chosen and accepted Jesus Christs sacrifice He made for you? if not I would love to share the Gift of rescue with you.





The truths of God’s word below will show you how to know Jesus Christ as your personal savior. You may have this gift of eternal life the moment you believe and receive it with your heart!

1. I'm sure God loves Me- John 3:16 "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."

2. I know I am not perfect - Romans 3:23 "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;"

3. I know Jesus Christ loves me and paid the penalty of my sins - Romans 5:8 "But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us."

4. I know I can receive Eternal life!
What must I do? - Romans 10:9 "that if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."

Dear Jesus
I know that you have died for me. I may not understand everything but I acknowledge today my need for you. I believe your spirit will begin to move in my life through a relationship not a religion
I am thankful for the passover sacrifice which was Jesus Christ the Lamb of God. Help me to grow and follow after your plan for my life. I am ready to walk in my new faith.
In Jesus Name, AMEN
If you prayed this for the first time please let me know! I will pray for Gods hand upon your life in Christ.
If you need a truth my friend, I would love you to stay connected to my blog. Its free and easy to sign up. Just put your email address in the top box located on the side of this blog. Confirm your subscription with a link that will be sent to your email from feed blitz. Then you will start getting my simple truth notes in your email box!
Thanks so much!
Blessings,