Tuesday, March 27, 2012

COMING TO THE END OF YOUR ROPE?

Have you ever felt like you have come to the end of your rope?


Everything of value has been stripped away, you feel defeated, pushed over the edge and life has now become a burden.
Bitterness and loss of dignity is consuming your spirit.

Suicide is the answer for many when the times of pain run deep.



This past weekend I spoke to many prisoners that are sitting in a pit of despair with no hope of ever seeing a true future.
suicide is a huge problem for these in-mates. Using bed sheets to hang themselves. I know the picture is graphic below but I want to stress the importance of Using the same Rope to find HOPE!

After I finished speaking a very tough message several ladies approached me explaining how they have attempted suicide in the past month or they had a plan to end their lives in the coming months. I believe God helped them see their ROPES with a new pespective.

Sadly, I have experienced the reality of suicides in my own family. Yes the word suicide is plural because it has been more then one.

I have seen the reality of pain in  specific family members and then attended funerals for that specific person because they took their own lives to dismiss themselves from that very pain.

This was hard for me, I struggled afterwards with why I did NOT have the right words or boldness during their pain to save them from such a terrible ending.



My passion for  individuals coming to the end of their rope has grown deeper and my boldness to reach out has stretched me past my comfort zone.

Suicide is real and it can start with the slightest loss of hope followed by the lack of perspective in the painful situations.



WHEN YOU COME TO THE END OF YOUR ROPE, IT'S IMPORTANT TO TIE A KNOT AND HANG ON.



HOW DO YOU TIE THAT K N O T?

Listed below you will find 4 areas that will help you TIE A KNOT when coming to the end of your rope.

1. K  "I KNOW the plans I have for you declares the 
          Lord,  plans to prosper you and not hurt harm
         you, plans to give you hope and a future.
        (Jeremiah 29:11)
         
God sees past your pain and He has a plan to restore.

Think about the man named Job in the bible. He lost everything of value to him.
 His health, family, finances and livestock.
EVERYTHING was stripped from him.

His wife said, "How are you maintaining your integrity? Curse God and then die!"

In all this pain Job did not sin in what he said or did. In the depth of his impossible despair he did not commit suicide because he tied a knot and hung on to the fact that God had a plan and KNOWS everything.

2. N  "Luke 1:37 For with God Nothing is ever
            impossible and no word from God shall be
           without power or impossible of fulfillment.

NOTHING is impossible "with God" but living without HOPE in Gods future is worse then a death sentence.

Many times we prejudge our situation and misjudge Gods action on it.

Pain is part of life and that's unfortunate. However, we cannot allow it to take root and destroy our spirit. God says to BRING IT TO HIM.

Ahithophel in the bible in 2 Samuel 17:23 did not take his bitterness & hurts about family relationships to God.
When Ahithophel realized he could not control the situation himself or make it better he decided to hang himself.

3. OUR WEAKNESS
        2 Corinthians 12:9...
         But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my
         power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all
         the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power 
         may rest on me.

Have you exchanged verbally that weakness with God?
A super natural power exchange takes place!

For example, Judas in the bible had a weakness with MONEY!
He betrayed Jesus to make some money! However, in the end Judas could not face his weakness, guilt and shame and hung himself.

Do not allow your weakness to take you down. Seek God and Godly counsel.

4. TRUST
          Proverbs 3:5-6
          Trust God from the bottom of your heart;
          don't try to figure out everything on your own.
          Listen for God's voice in everything you do,  

          everywhere     you go;
          he's the one who will keep you on track.
          Don't assume that you know it all.
          Run to God! Run from evil!
          Your body will glow with
health,
          your very bones will vibrate with life!
          Honor God with everything you own;
          give him the first and the best.


Satan will try to break this trust in several ways. Tomorrow on the blog I will share 4 ways that Satan deceives you and breaks that trust.

Please take the 4 steps I shared today and begin to TIE A KNOT and hang on!

God has a huge plan and He will position you past the current pain.



Blessings